Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Draco:

It's not every day you wake up to have your entire world changed in front of you.

But it does when you last name is Malfoy and your father is the biggest supporter of the Dark Lord.

It's in times like these that I questioned the way my father brought me up.

You see when you're a Malfoy, the name of the Dark Lord isn't taken in hushed whispers, its proclaimed loudly, around the dinner table with friends and family in tow.

Father always told me that Harry Potter was what caused the downfall of the Dark Lord, only to rise as one himself.

But father does not go to school with Harry fucking Potter, I do. So I think I have it on pretty good authority that Potter is not going to magically rise as a Dark Wizard overnight, right since first year.

However, now that the real Dark Lord is back and has my father right by his feet, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, because Voldemort is now obsessed with Potter treading on borderline stalking levels.

Will anyone ever believe me when I say all this out loud?

No.

Will I ever say this out loud?

No.

Did I have a lot to drink?

Yes.

So here I am Draco Malfoy, steadily going through an entire bottle of Firewhiskey in the wee hours of the morning, gently tugging at Nott's back from time to time to rouse him from his drunken stupor and get his ugly self back to the dorms.

"Nott." I hissed, nudging him with my foot, "Wake up man."

"Are we making this a habit?" an amused voice called, "Drinking every weekend?" and I turned around to see Carina Hadley squinting towards us, her wand a beacon of light drawing closer as I sat back on my chair.

"What do you want?" I deadpanned, shutting my eyes from the bright onslaught.

The light behind my lids disappeared and I opened my eyes to see Carina, shaking Nott quiet brutally, "Did he drink too?"

I shrugged, "We have the same woes." I said cynically, smiling a bit at my cleverness.

She shot me a sour look, "Which are what?" she shot back, "How much of the Sleekesay I have to use in the morning to get my hair shiny?"

If only you knew, Rina. You would run away so fast there would be a moat of dust left in your wake.

I laughed, actually causing Nott to sir awake as he shook his head, looking at us with glassy, sleep laden eyes, "Stop it Malfoy." He muttered, sitting up and almost pushing Carina, before she took a step back herself, coming to perch on the arm of the chair I was occupying.

It didn't even register in my head when my arm wound around her waist as I pulled her closer, wanting her warmth.

Nott rolled his eyes at us, before standing with a lot of effort, "Well," he said hiccupping, "this has been fun, let's never do it again." I snorted, taking another gulp of scalding hot liquid, relishing in the empowering feeling it gave me, "You both behave and keep your clothes on, yeah?"

"What-"

"Night Hadley, Malfoy." Nott said, yawning as he cut her off and walked off drunkenly to the dorm doors.