Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Draco:

"What do you think Professor Sprout gets for Christmas?" Hadley's annoying voice greeted me as soon as I sat down for breakfast the next day, thankfully, she wasn't addressing me. But I did briefly glance up at her direction, watching as she looked at Daphne with a determined expression, Daphne on the other hand, took a bite out of her porridge and looked straight ahead, past my shoulder, ignoring Carina completely.

I snorted, as I poured myself some tea, Daphne was in a mood when Carina ran out of the Great Hall after dinner last night and I'm sure that Carina did not go back to her dormitory after the encounter she had with me last night.

Come to think of it, I was still very pissed about that. What was the woman's problem? I helped her out, shouldn't she be thankful?

"Dragon dung!" Carina answered, looking slightly peeved, but she smiled as the porridge on Daphne's spoon fell down in the bowl at the mention of Professor Sprout's favourite fertilizer.

"Seriously?" Daphne ground out, as I burst out laughing at her disgusting face, "This is the lamest one in the past one hour!"

Carina looked exceptionally proud, "Got you to talk, didn't it?"

My laughter had just begun to subside when Blaise and Pansy took their seats next to me.

"Oh you got me to talk" Daphne snapped, seemingly unaware of the fact that the audience to their little show had increased, "Who was the one who came in last and left first to the dormitory?"

Carina grimaced, "I was just busy!"

"Doing what?" Daphne asked, crossing her arms across her chest, "If I recall correctly you had plans with me to finish our homework together!"

"What homework?" I asked, as Carina had just opened her mouth to say something. Both of them abruptly turned towards me, becoming aware of the fact that were three people staring at them.

Carina's face turned sour as it landed on mine, and she pursed her lips, "Daph,-"

"It's okay." Daphne said, still looking at us.

Wait, what?

She was just pissed at her!

Carina exhaled, a small smile curling her lips, "Zabini, Parkinson." She greeted, then raised her eyebrows at me, "Malfoy."

"What are you guys fighting about?" Blaise asked, them before I could reply to her greeting.

But Pansy beat both of them as she launched into how Daphne had slammed things everywhere last night because Carina hadn't made it back before curfew ended.

Daphne and Carina rolled their eyes in sync, looking comical, but I had a more important matter at hand right now, turning to Blaise with a serious expression, "We had homework?"

Blaise shrugged, piling his plate with food, "Yeah, the bowtruckle drawing for Grubbly-Plank and the practise for McGonagall."

"Oh" I said, sighing in relief, the only work we had to do was draw a stupid stick figure, I could do that at lunch, just as I had happily gone back to my breakfast Blaise let out a yelp, making all of us turn to him enquiringly.

He looked sheepish as he scratched the back of his head, "We had to start the dream-diary for Trelawney."

I groaned, and I heard Daphne groan as well.

Carina snickered as she saw all our faces staring at our breakfast in disdain, "I told you Divination is crap back in third year itself!"

"Ancient Runes isn't the best either, Hadley." I called out, "Remember the break down you had after your third year exam?"