Takeo Attacks and Katsumi's Reunion With Her Family

KANO'S POV

A while had passed since Carla and Shin came to the night school. Remi was happy to see them again, however, the vampire brothers are not pleased to see them since they also hate each other's guts. Other than that, there is a danger that is in the air and that means Takeo is going to make his move and I'm not the only one who has noticed this as well, the vampire brothers also noticed this as well. After Remi and I explained the situation to the others they understood but I couldn't shake the feeling that Carla and Shin are not telling us anything but, I decided to shrug it off since they just got to the night school.

Right now, Remi and I were at the Sakamaki mansion since Reiji was a little concerned for our safety, well when I said 'our' safety what I meant was MY safety since they brothers have become so attached to me. I was in the library with Reiji, Ayato and Remi so we could concentrate on our homework since Ayato and Remi tend to goof off. Remi groaned for the tenth time and she said to us.

"I hate maths! can't Ayato and I go and play basketball?"

"Abousltely not Remi, your basketball is confiscated until you've finished your homework unless you want to repeat another year like that deadbeat."

I held back my laughs when Remi started pouting at him.

"That's not funny Reiji! why do you always have to criticise me for everything I do?!"

Bonk!

"Ow!"

I punched Remi's head and I said to her.

"Why do you have to be so noisy when other people are trying to work here?"

Remi glared at me when I said this while Reiji chuckled and he then patted my head.

"Nicely done Kano."

"Thank you Reiji."

Ayato and Remi rested their heads on the table and the groaned at the same time.

"I think you two enjoy torturing us."

Ayato mumbled which only earned him a glare from both me and Reiji. Remi and Ayato gulped and then they looked away from us.

"How immature."

"You said it, sir."

"Ha! there goes your accent, Melons!"

Ayato shouted making me cover my mouth and I blushed in embarrassment. I grumbled annoyingly and then Ayato asked me.

"Why do you hate your accent so much? I mean what's so bad about it?"

"Why do you think? it's not me, look, sure I'm half Japanese and I don't mind singing English lyrics for some of my songs but, seriously, when it comes to my speaking voice that's a different story and believe me when I say this, I got picked on a lot because of my accent."

Remi nodded her head in agreement after sitting up and she spoke up.

"I remember now, back to when we were just starting out in middle school, some of our classmates used to tease you a lot of because of your accent and they used to call you a half-breed since they learnt that your parents are from two countries."

"Yeah I know, I hated it when they called me that, I was also this close to burning them to ashes but thankfully, you were there to help me Remi."

Remi smiled at me and then Ayato spoke up.

"You two really do have a strong bond."

"We're childhood best friends, of course, we've always got each other's backs no matter what happens and besides, James is away in a different country so it's my job to make sure that this one is safe and out of harm's way."