Two Vampire Hunters At A Ball

KANO'S POV

A few weeks had passed since I've spent some time with the brothers. I was right, they're all different in some ways and I did learn one or two things about what my ancestor's life was like. On top of my school and Idol work, I've been working as a vampire hunter for a while and I was still hoping and praying that the Sakamaki brothers don't find about mines and Remi's other jobs.

I was in Maths class and I was at my desk with my head resting on my folded arms and I didn't even bother to tie back my hair since I didn't have the energy to do so. Just then Kanato came over to me and he said to me.

"Hello Kano-sama, something's different about you."

I sat up and I said to Kanato.

"Yeah, I didn't bother to tie it back since I didn't have the energy, I would have asked Annie to do it for me but she had the day off."

Kanato then came over to me and he placed Teddy on my lap before getting behind me and he made me face straight ahead so that he was working on my hair. I tried to look at Kanato but he made me look straight ahead.

"Let me tie it for you, Kano-sama."

"Thanks, Kanato."

I said to as I looked straight ahead and then he starts to plait my hair. Kanato then spoke up.

"Wow, your hair feels soft and silky, do you take care of it every day?"

"Of course I do, besides, I would look stupid if it was like bed hair and bushy and I like to do something nice with it as well before I perform on stage."

"I see, well, you've got beautiful blonde hair."

I smiled at Kanato's compliment and then he ties my hair in the ponytail holder.

"There we go."

I gently ran my fingers on the neat plait and I smiled at this and I then looked at Kanato.

"Thanks, Kanato, you did a great job."

I gave Teddy back to Kanato and he smiled back. Just then, Reiji came in and he said to me.

"Kano."

We looked at Reiji and Kanato frowned at Reiji.

"What do you want?! can't you see we were talking?!"

Reiji ignored Kanato as he came over to me and he asked me.

"Kano, are busy over the weekend?"

"Not really, why?"

Reiji got something from his blazer pocket and he gives me an invitation and he said to me.

"Our father is holding a ball during the weekend and he's asked one of us to invite you, apparently, he's friends with your father and he would like to meet you in person."

"Really? OK then, besides, if my old man knew about this he would have forced me to go since he'll probably say something like 'it will shame the family name if you don't go.'"

Kanato and Reiji chuckled when I said this and I then asked Reiji.

"Do you mind if I bring Remi along with me?"

"*Sighs* fine but, make sure she behaves herself."

"OK, see you later."

I said as I left the classroom and I looked for Remi and we then headed to the roof. I told her about the invitation and she then said to me.

"This sounds like a great opportunity for us to learn more about what kind of vampire we're dealing with, but, why would Karl invite you? do you think he knows?"