The Anniversary

KANO'S POV

A while had passed since Takeo was defeated, the brothers were still a bit sad after seeing Katsumi turn back into a soul and saying her final goodbyes before she disappeared back into the night sky. I knew what the brothers were feeling and I still remembered what Katsumi said to me before her reanimated body crumbled to pieces. I was in my room getting changed so that I can go and visit Mom's grave but I didn't bother to tie my hair back since I decided to leave it down for a change.

 I was in my room getting changed so that I can go and visit Mom's grave but I didn't bother to tie my hair back since I decided to leave it down for a change

After I got Mom's favourite flowers and I headed to her grave. Once I got there, I knelt down to her grave and I placed the flowers near her grave. As Balto, Zeak and I stared at her grave, I remembered our last moments together

FLASHBACK...

It was night time and I was at the hospital with Mom and the doctors told me that she wasn't going to live for much longer. While the doctors were telling Father and Remi the bad news, I sat next to her while looking at her sleeping face. I looked at the photograph of us together when we were at the festival last year. Just then I felt Mother's hand touching mine. I looked at her and she said to me.

"Hey, sweetie..."

"Hi, Okaa-san."

Okaa-san carefully and weakly sat up and I then said to her.

"Gomen, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's all right...did the doctors tell you?"

I nodded my head and I lowered my head sadly and I said to her.

"It's not fair Okaa-san...I thought...they could save you *sniff* why did you have to get brain cancer?!"

I asked her as I felt tear threatening to spill out of my eyes. Mother smiled at me and she then wipes away my tears.

"Don't cry Kano, things are going to get better for you once I'm gone."

"But...how can things be better?! *Sob, sob*...I just want you to get better and then we can spend more time together! ...please Okaa-san I don't want you to leave me alone..."

Mother smiled at me and then she carefully and weakly got out of bed. I helped her into her wheelchair since she couldn't do it by herself. Mother then headed over to the window and she then got up and she rested herself against the wall.

"Kano, let me tell you something...you see those stars?"

I looked out of the window and I could see the stars shining brightly in the night sky. 

"Once I'm gone from this world...I'll become one of those stars and when I do, I'll continue to watch you grow and become a famous Idol...that is what you've always told me isn't it?"

I nodded my head and then Mother stroked my cheek and she continued to smile at me.

"My beautiful treasure...I wish this wasn't happening to me either but...sometimes these things happen...Kano...you can't always rely on or be with the one person all of the time...I know you're a bit of a mommy's girl but...I had some good years that we've spent together...that's why I hope that you'll make some new friends and make new bonds and perhaps someday...you'll find that someone who will love and care for you dearly...you think you can do that?"