Bonding With Ruki

KANO'S POV

A while had passed since I had gotten to know Yuma, Azusa and Kou but, Ruki was a different story because every time I tried to talk to him he would ignore me and he would give the cold shoulder or he would ignore me. I didn't know what his problem was but I had a feeling that he doesn't like me either that or he has a problem with women.

I was heading to the teacher's lounge with a large pile of documents that I was struggling to carry them since it was a heavy pile I was carrying.

"Oh man, how I did end up drawing the short straw?"

I mumbled to myself annoying as I carried the heavy pile. Just then someone came along and they took one half of the large pile. I looked who helped and it was Yuma.

"Need some help there Kano?"

"Yeah, thanks, Yuma."

I said with a smile and then we headed to the staff room. I explained to Yuma on how I ended up carrying this large pile of documents and he started to laugh.

"It's not funny!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you."

"Really? judging that look on your face you don't even look as if you're sorry."

Yuma sweatdropped when he saw my glare. Just then we saw Ruki and a girl and she was confessing her love for him. Ruki glared at the girl and he shook his head for a no and then girl ran away in tears. I looked back at Ruki and he glanced at me before he left.

"Sheesh, what's his problem with me? what did I do to tick him off?"

"Nothing, you didn't do anything but, I think he just doesn't like women all that much."

"Why?"

"I don't know, when Katsumi was around he didn't hate women back then but..."

I noticed a slightly sad look on Yuma's face and I spoke up.

"When you guys escaped from the Orphanage and got separated from Katsumi, he continues to hate women even now?"

"Yeah."

Yuma said as we continued to make our way to the staff room. I had a free period so I headed to the library to get some homework done for some of my classes. Once I was done with my homework, I put away my notebooks until I came across Mother's journal. I took it out of the bag and I ran my hands over the cover as I remembered asking her about it.

Flashback...

I headed into Mother's room with a tray of Takoyaki and some ear grey tea. I used my foot to open the door and I smiled at Mother who was writing something down in a notebook that Father gave her.

"Okaa-san, I've made you some lunch."

Mother looked at me and she smiled at me as I came over to her. Mother puts her notebook on the night table and she looks at the food.

"Wow, did you make this yourself?"

"Well Annie had to help me out a few times but, they turned out all right in the end but, I hope you like them."

Mother smiled at me and she then ate a bit of Takoyaki and she smiled at me.

"Wow, these are good, well done Kano."

"Hehe, thanks, Okaa-san what were you writing down just now?"

Mother moves the tray off her lap and she got the small book and she told what it was.