Bonding With Reiji

KANO'S POV

Ayato had invited me over to the Sakamaki mansion because they were having a game night and Remi was also invited as well. However, on the night I was supposed to go I ended up having a bad cold and I was in bed for a while. I rang Remi and I told her what was happening and she sounded a bit shocked and disappointed.

"Oh no, Kano, that's awful."

"I know, lousy timing huh? anyway, can you tell the others that I won't be able to make it? *Cough, cough*"

"Yeah, sure, hope you'll better, see ya."

Remi said before she hung up. I sighed and I put it on my night table. I've never felt so ill in a while and then Annie came in along with Balto and Zeak. Balto and Zeak jumped onto my bed and they laid down beside me. Annie had a tray of food with her.

"Hello miss Kano, how are you feeling?"

"*Cough* Still feeling a bit feverish and light headed but, I'll be fine."

Annie smiled at me and then she chased away Balto and Zeak off the bed before placing a tray on my lap. Annie then said to me.

"For lunch, I've made your favourite, chicken mayonnaise sandwich along with some of my famous cookies and to drink, some earl grey tea."

"Thanks, Annie."

"You're welcome."

Just then, the doorbell rang and then Annie spoke up.

"I'll go and answer that, excuse me."

Annie said as she left. I ate some of the sandwiches and I gave some chicken to Balto and Zeak. Once I was done with the sandwiches, I ate some of the cookies and drank some of the tea. Annie came in and she then said to me.

"Miss Kano, you have a visitor."

I was surprised by this and when Annie stepped aside, the visitor was Reiji. I was even more surprised at the fact that he came over.

"Reiji?"

"Hello, Kano, how are you feeling?"

"A bit better, I didn't know you were coming *Cough! cough!*"

Reiji shook his head and then he spoke up.

"When Remi told me and the others why you weren't coming, I came over here to check up on you."

Zeak suddenly growled at Reiji as he got closer. I glared at Zeak and I said to him.

"Hush Zeak."

Zeak whimpered when I said that. Annie giggled as she took the tray away and she then said to us.

"Well, it looks like I don't need to keep you company, I'll be back with some snacks later, do you want me to get the usual?"

"Yeah."

I nodded my head to her and then Annie looked at Reiji and she asked him.

"What about you Reiji-sama?"

"Just some tea for me please."

"OK, please excuse me."

Annie said as she left my room. Balto and Zeak, however, stayed where they were as they glared at Reiji. Reiji took off his glove and he placed his hand on my forehead and it felt nice and cool against my warm skin.

"Hmm...you've still got a bit of a high fever."

"Jee, glad you notice Sherlock."

I said sarcastically. Reiji glared at me a little when he said this and then he spoke up.

"You may be ill but you've still got a cheek to talk back."

I giggled at Reiji and then he gently pushes me down on the bed and he tucks me into bed.

"Just try and get some rest."

"I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the game night, that's the price I pay for working non-stop."

"Too right, but, can't say I blame you, you do want to be like your Mother don't you?"

I was surprised that Reiji knew about that and I said to him.

"How did you know?"

"Remi told me and she showed us your diary."

I sat up quickly and I shouted.

"She what?! *cough! cough!*"

I covered my mouth and I started coughing again. Reiji chuckled and he then placed his jacket over my shoulders.

"Just kidding, Remi only told me how much you've bonded with your Mother before she got cancer, you must have loved her a lot."

"I did..."

Balto sat up and he rests his head on the edge of the bed and I petted his head.

"Okaa-san was my inspiration, she made me the person who you see today, it broke my heart when she died of cancer."

I lowered my head sadly when I said this and then Reiji wrapped his arm around my shoulder and made me rest my head on his shoulder. I was surprised by this and I then spoke up.

"Wait, Reiji, won't you catch my cold?"

"I'm a vampire and vampires don't catch illnesses and colds like how you humans do."

I giggled a little and I sweat dropped a little and I spoke up.

"Right, sorry."

"Don't be, just get some rest."

I smiled at him and I then felt sleepy and I closed my eyes.

REIJI'S POV

"Kano?"

"*Zzz...zzz*"

Kano was softly snoring away and I smiled at her sleeping face. I ran my fingers through her hair and I thought to myself.

'Kano really did have a strong bond with her Mother, I almost feel jealous of her...'

I thought to myself as I remembered about my childhood and how my mother ignored me for Shu. I frowned a little as I remembered this.

"Hehe...Okaa-san...I love you.."

I was surprised when I heard her talking in her sleep and she was smiling a little as well.

"Don't scare me like that, for a moment there I thought you were awake."

I whispered to her before I kissed her forehead. I carefully placed her head on the pillow and tucking her into bed. The German Shephard came over to me and he placed his paw on my knee. I looked at him and I looked away from him in disgust but he then rested his head on my lap. I looked at him surprised and he gave me that puppy eye look. I looked at Kano and she was still sleeping soundly. I placed my hand on his head and he seemed to like it.

'Looks like my brothers and I aren't the only ones who worry about Kano.'

I thought to myself as I looked at Kano's sleeping form.

TO BE CONTINUED...