Bonding With Ayato

KANO'S POV

"*Sighs* man I can't believe the limo broke down."

I mumbled as I walked through the streets with Balto and Zeak. I had finished work at a recording studio to finish off composing a song that I had been working on and I was on my way home until the limo broke down so, I'm now walking back home with Balto and Zeak. I smiled to myself and I then looked at Balto and Zeak.

"Oh well, at least a little bit of fresh air will do us some good, eh Balto? Zeak?"

*Woof! woof!*

They barked at me making me smile at them. As I walked by the park, I spotted Ayato playing basketball by himself. I smirked to myself and I looked at Zeak and I nudged my head so that I can give him the signal to get the ball from Ayato. Zeak ran over to Ayato and he stole the ball from Ayato.

"Oy! come back here you mutt!!"

Ayato starts to chase Zeak until he came over to me. I picked up the ball and Ayato looked surprised to see me.

"Melons?"

"Hi, Oreo."

A tick mark appeared on Ayato's head and he said to me.

"I wish you would stop calling me that!"

"Hehe, sorry, I couldn't help myself."

"Anyway, what are you doing here? shouldn't you be in a recording studio or a photoshoot right now?"

I rolled my eyes at Ayato as we walked around the basketball court.

"Well, I was at a recording studio but on the way home, the bloody limo broke down so I had to walk all the way home until I saw you here."

"Well, that sucks."

"I know, so what about you? I know you were playing basketball but, does Reiji know you're here?"

Ayato sweat dropped and he then said to me.

"Well, Reiji doesn't know that I'm out here, he tried to get me to study and get my homework done but I managed to get my basketball and get out of the mansion before he could even stop me."

I giggled at his explanation and he then said to me.

"What's so funny?"

"Gomen, gomen, I didn't mean to laugh but, I was in your situation before back in England, Otu-san is always trying to find ways to make me study for my exams but, I tend to get bored really easily when it comes to studying so I used to sneak out of the house when he had his back turned for five minutes."

Ayato chuckled at me and he then said to me.

"Quite the rebel aren't you?"

"I know, I get that a lot from Remi."

I said as I bounced the basketball in my hand. Ayato then said to me.

"Since you're here and you have free time, how about a quick basketball match."

"Sounds good to me, bring it on Oreo-sama!"

"Stop me calling me that and it's Ore-sama!!"

Ayato said as I tossed him the ball and I took off my jacket. Balto and Zeak sat on the sidelines barking at me like if they were cheering for me. Ayato and I played against each other for a while but we also cheated a few times as we played basketball. I stomped on his foot, Ayato would tickle my sides and the list went on. I was close to beating Ayato but he was tickling my sides so I kissed his cheek making him blush bright red and stopping him tickling me making me get away from him and I scored my winning shot.

"Whoohoo!! Kano Hayashi wins and the crowd goes wild!!"

"Hey! you cheated!!"

"So did you Oreo."

Balto and Zeak barked at him like if they were laughing at Ayato. Ayato then said to me.

"But still, I'm actually impressed at how well you're able to play basketball, don't get me wrong but your reflexes almost seemed a little...cat-like."

I was surprised that he noticed but, I didn't want to tell him yet so I just smiled at him and I said to him.

"Well maybe that's because I've practised a little parkour in the past and I've been doing a lot of dance practices as well, of course, you'd think my reflexes are a bit cat-like."

Ayato chuckled a little and then his stomach growled. I laughed at Ayato and then he blushed in embarrassment.

"Don't laugh at me!"

"Sorry, sorry, come on, let's head back to my place, I can get Annie to make some chocolate milkshakes for us along with some takoyaki."

Ayato smirked at that idea and then Balto came over with my jacket in his mouth. I took my jacket from him and then we headed back to the Hayashi mansion. Once we got back, Ayato and I were in the living room and then Annie came in with two chocolate milkshakes and a plat of takoyaki for us.

"Here you go, Miss Kano and Ayato-sama, just as you requested."

"Thanks, Annie."

"You're welcome, please excuse me."

Annie said as she bowed politely to me and she then left.

"She seems kind."

"I know, Annie has that angel-like personality to her and her cooking is to die for."

Ayato licked his lips when he looked at the takoyaki and he then takes a bite. Ayato smiled at this and he then smiled.

"Wow, you're right, Annie's cooking is good."

Ayato said as he continued to stuff his face of Takoyaki. Balto and Zeak looked at the plate of Takoyaki and they sniffed at it. I waved my hand at them and I said to them.

"Oy! beat it you two! they're not for dogs!"

Balto suddenly tried to bite my sleeve but I moved my arm out fo the way in time and I glared at him and Zeak.

"No! Balto! Zeak! get out of here!"

I shouted as I dragged them by their collars and I put them outside in the garden. I wiped my hands and I heard them whimpering and scratching the door to get back in. I sat back down next to Ayato and I spoke up.

"Man, I don't know what's gotten into those two, they're so angry."

Ayato started chuckling when I said this and he then said to me.

"Maybe it's because they're mad that you're not letting them share your food with them."

"Yeah it ain't happening, well, I guess it is kinda my fault that I spoilt them when they were puppies and now look at them, they've become loyal to me but they're so protective of me at times."

Ayato chuckled again and I then drank my milkshake and so did Ayato. Ayato looked impressed when he tried some of it and he spoke up.

"This is really good, Kanato would be impressed."

"I know he would."

3RD PERSON POV

While Ayato and Kano had their snacks Annie was watching them with a small smile on her face and she thought to herself.

'I'm glad Kano has found some new friends, she's was lonely from before but not anymore.'

TO BE CONTINUED...