Chapter 22 new baby cousin

Sophie's POV
Today we were heading to the hospital to visit our aunt Ruth who just had our little baby cousin who's a boy I was so excited to meet him. Dad drove us there and cherly came with us to of course we got there and parked the car. We got out and headed in my dad said "Ruth Payne I'm her brother." They said "oh yes we know who you are we knew you would come once you got back from ny how was ny by the way?" He said "it was amazing I loved it." They said "that's good she's in room 200." He said "thank you." She smiled and said "congrats." He smiled and said "thanks."

Then we headed to the room I knocked on the door and we brought our gifts for them with us too she said come in I walked in first and gasped and froze and said "oh my gosh he's beautiful." She smiled and said "thanks he gets it from his uncle." My Dad chuckled and said "more Payne's running around and breaking hearts the Payne boys will look like me." Aunt Nicola who was also there said "oh geeze they'll be breaking many girls hearts one by one." I laughed and said "don't forget about James." Cherly said "oh how could we." James rolled his eyes.

Then aunt ruth said "want to hold him?" I said "I'll let my dad hold him first." She said "ok." And passed him over to my dad I smiled at the little one in his arms my dad smiled at me and I said "he's amazing I love him already." My dad said "I'm going to protect him from everything in this cruel world." I said "same I'm not letting anyone hurt him or bear." My Dad smiled and said "so you're ok with all this?" I said "yeah I accepted that this is my life now and I love it even know it is different now the one thing that didn't change is my family yes mom does live in a different house now but I'm ok with that because we still get to see her I wouldn't change this for anything I love all you guys with all my heart thank you for taking me in Dad." He smiled and hugged me with his free arm and gave me a kiss on my head I was going to get use to all of this I loved it and I was so happy I wasn't on the streets anymore and with these lovely people that I call a family.