(5.2)Powdered Numb

Scene before they traveled to the East to meet with Nyx. 

Part 2's of Chapters will usually have more mature scenes. 

'A storm was brewing over the horizon, moving in fast

'A storm was brewing over the horizon, moving in fast...'

Powdered Numb (Part 2)

The water in the bath was scorching hot; steam rising up from the water and condensation running down the window in tiny droplets

My body was numb, but not from the usual reason. After we made love, Thanatos and I fell asleep, but it was still early and so I woke about an hour later, my body jerking awake.

I was tired, not from having him waste me like he normally does, but rather from the endless loop of worrying thoughts that plagued my mind. I was worried for him.

He didn't deserve to be beleaguered like this- especially by his own mother for all these years. He was a grown man, but when he spoke of her, he seemed to divert back to a young boy, all his anger so saddening. No, Thanatos didn't deserve all this trauma Nyx brought.

And what trauma it was...

I suppose I still didn't know the half of it and perhaps I never would. He would tell me when he felt ready to and with that I was just fine.

I lay awake next to him, my eyes shifting from the high ceiling to his sculpted jaw. He was fast asleep, his long lashes fluttering ever so slightly as he dreamt. His features were dark; black hair that curled at the tips due to his restless sleep and his stubble was hard against his cheeks. His hair was shorter again; he'd had it cut recently, but he still unconsciously matted it back over his head with his hand when he was thinking.

I smiled softly, my hand reaching up to skim over his high cheekbones. I traced a finger over the tanned skin. He didn't stir, fast asleep and completely relaxed. I let my hand rest over his cheek, savouring the warmth.

The wind stirred up and the curtain whisked around in the wind, flapping against the glass doors to the balcony. I eyed him one last time before I slowly stood up from the high bed, careful not to wake him up.