(16)Silent Avalanche

'My queen wasn't about to have her hands dirty...' 

Silent Avalanche

Aurora was waiting for me in the tower

"I'm sorry, darling, dealing with the issue took some time." I quickly adjusted my black gloves over my hands and unclasped my cloak. Aurora's blue eyes found mine with interest; "The issue? Meaning Hermes?"

I nodded and hung my cloak over the coat-hanger; she vibrated from the loss of warmth. I ran my hand down the length of the black fabric, reassuring her I was near. Aurora was instantly by my side, her long blonde hair running down her back. I found my fingers tangled in it before I could stop them.

I hungrily kissed her lips; "You look stunning."

She smiled against my moving mouth, her hands finding their way to my face, pushing me back slightly; "I missed you."

"I missed you, angel. How did you sleep?"

"Fine..." She eyed me with a hint of displeasure; "Although, I was a little disappointed when a dark shadow didn't haul me away into the night." The corners of her mouth tugged up playfully.

I grinned and chuckled; "I thought I might spare you the confusion."

Aurora pressed herself closer to me, causing my chest to churn and hum. I wrapped my arms around her waist, feeling my body react to hers. She pecked my neck, sending a series of delicious shivers down my back; "Any progress?"

I nibbled at her ear; "Some. Although, he's a tough nut to crack."

Aurora eyed my cloak; the border at the bottom was drenched in blood. It was only slightly visible in the sheering sunlight shining in, but there was more than enough of the familiar iron smell in the air.

"Looks like you had fun..."

I grinned and turned her around towards the carpet and two pillows. The clock was ticking on and we were already half an hour into our session due to my tardiness. "For a while, but then he passed out."

Aurora laughed. I never thought I'd hear her laugh at the misfortune and torment of another, but clearly Hermes was already more than dead in her eyes. I felt my fire for her grow; "Good. I hope he regrets being born."

"Oh, I'm sure he does."

"Has he let anything slip?"

I sighed and shook my head as I helped her sit down onto the plush cushion. Her rose-gold dress was short today, which made it easier for her to cross her legs and sit comfortably. I couldn't help but drift my eyes down her cleavage as I stood over her.

Training her was going to be harder than I thought...

All I could think about was the adrenaline and power of torture still coursing through my veins, screaming at me to make her sweat. Being a man of war had made gore and carnage arousing- as was it a particular trait of most Greek gods to never shy away from revelry. It was normally associated with pleasure and along with sex a primal, almost barbaric, need.