(48)Moonpiece

Hi guys!

Exciting news!

I am part of a mentorship initiative for Wattpad and one of my advice pages has been published in their book- 'Advice From Writers'. ( TalentScouts  )

Feel free to check out my chapter 'Be Brave and Have Fun', leave a vote and your experience or feedback and do check out the other chapters from our team of talented writers! 

Love, D Xx

'I love the killing and the shadows, but I was born for it and you made me think I was cursed with it

'I love the killing and the shadows, but I was born for it and you made me think I was cursed with it..'

Moonpiece

Thanatos' POV

Thanatos' POV

A chirping noise pattered along the edges of my mind, slowly inching up in volume and vibrating down. I hadn't even noticed I was listening in until it changed pattern.

Then, as if something had changed in the blackness, the chirping grew more frequent and higher, almost more concentrated. It seemed like it was reacting to something, or some event taking place, but still the sound was submerged underwater or a thick blanket of dark matter.

It grew with fervour, as if prompted, but then fell down in volume, leaving me deliriously anxious to hear it again. I waited patiently. So patiently...

No sound.

Water flowed over, in a stream.

The water grew louder, and a faint thud began patting in the background. Thud. Thud. Thud. It sounded familiar. Thud. Thud. T-thud. T-thud.

The now erratic sound trigger something and the chirping exploded out of the water, blaring out now and causing pain to register in my mind. All along my limbs, I felt it- that pain.

That pain so rare and so heavy, it made me yearn for the water to flow over my senses once again. It bred. Like a parasite; growing...

Then, by some unfathomable occurrence, I realised, with the sharpening of the fretful and desperate chirping, that I knew what the water was.