(14)No time for Sugar-coating

One of my favourite titles in this book for one of my favourite chapters (^.^)

Enjoy Ladies and Gents Xx

'Ah, brother bonding at its finest

'Ah, brother bonding at its finest...'

No time for Sugar-coating

"So Trita...?"

Hypnos rolled his eyes; "Shut up."

We entered the large hall of Olympus; Hades was seated on the throne, his eyes showing clear signs of exhaustion. He looked horrible and even more pale than usual. He'd never been one to show signs of aging; even while I grew up under his wing, he would never let his emotions leak through the facade of ruler.

We bowed. "My king, we're here to speak with Hermes. We need more help in the investigation we're running on Mt Etna." Hermes was the lead coordinator for the search party on Mt. Etna- the place we all originally thought the Aegis was lost. But now, a select three of us know where it really is- in my vault.

Well, us and Sybaris. By some unknown manner...

Hades sighed; "He's somewhere to the South tower; no one's seen him for days. He's busy with his research and guild affairs."

Hermes is the god of thieves and trickery- he has many guilds and houses, which he runs himself. A busy man. A busy, stupid man. Getting himself involved in murder when he wasn't prepared for the consequences. How unfortunate.

"Excellent." I nearly licked my lips like a cat.

This would make capturing him very easy- no one's looking for him, and no one will notice he's missing. Wonderful.

"Thanatos..." Hades called me back. I lifted my head to him; "Yes, my king?"

"Are you close?" I knew he was referring to the investigation. I didn't want to let anything slip, especially just as Ares, Athena and Apollo strolled in, their eyes locking onto mine. "Making progress."

"Hmp." Hades slumped back into his throne and tapped his fingers.

I turned to leave, but the grating voice halted my steps; "Leaving so soon?" Apollo asked, his green eyes filled with loathing. I gritted my jaw. "Unlike you, I don't have time for idle chit-chat."