(51)Twenty White Balloons

'They were reminders; both good and bad...'

Twenty White Balloons

"Happy birthday!"

The room erupted with a loud cry and suddenly my vision was distorted with bright coloured confetti and streamers. The large patio outside our house was decorated with bright colours and a large 'Happy Birthday Aurora' banner hung from the side of the house.

"What on Earth?" My laugh bubbled up and over as a pair of strong arms folded around me from behind and I felt as Thanatos' hot lips kissed my head.

He chuckled at my stunned expression; "Surprise!"

My parents rushed forward, their expressions elated and delighted by my astonished, but happy face. My mother was the first one to wrap me up in her arms, her smile bigger than Trita's as I spotted the young brunette jumping around in the background with a large balloon number two.

"Oh, happy birthday, my baby! You're finally twenty!" I laughed and hugged her back, tears coming to my eyes.

My father's hands found my shoulders; "Come on! My turn now!"

My mother giggled and let me father hug me, his familiar scent so comforting; "Happy birthday, Rora. We hope you have a wonderful day!"

"Thank you so much!" I hugged him for long, until he let go and gestured with his chin to the two goofs at the back of the large backyard. Sonya and Trita stood with two massive inflated balloons.

Trita held up a two and Sonya a big zero. I laughed as they danced and jumped up and down. Barrios, Hypnos, Poseidon and Thanatos stood off to the side, each had a beer in their hand and they were laughing their asses off at the two nut jobs I called my best friends.

Sonya and Trita started to sing and everyone burst out laughing, with Poseidon quickly jumping in to make a drumbeat with his empty beer can and the wooden table.

"Happy birthday, Rora! Oooohhhhh! You're one year closer to your death-ooohhhh! You're still not doing meth! That's great! We're so proud of you- oooohhhh! Your favourite colour is blue! Oh! Sing it Thane!"

Thanatos' eyes widened in sudden surprise and he turned his head to me with a sheepish grin; "I love you, but I'm not singing that!"

"Spoilsport!" Persephone shouted from the other side as she sat next to Amphitrite and Artemis. Thanatos stuck out his tongue at her.

Trita and Sonya finally stopped jumping around; the balloons very close to popping from all the friction. Sonya gasped for air; "Be glad this is for Aurora, otherwise I would never have agreed to this..."

Trita chuckled evilly; "Ah, whatever! You enjoyed it!"

"Again!" Poseidon shouted and my father chime in; "Yes, another!"