(37)Heaven on Earth

PART 3

'Yes, maybe one day

'Yes, maybe one day. Hopefully, I'd have that day....'

Heaven on Earth

"Nervous?" I asked as Thanatos adjusted his leather jacket for the fifth time in the span of only a few minutes

It was already around seven at night in Caneyville and my parents we're probably just sitting down for dinner. Thanatos and I stood by the front door to my house, both of us nervous, but definitely for different reasons entirely.

I was a goddess.

I'm immortal now...

The thought hit me over and over, like a wave that kept coming back; crashing onto a shore without any sign of stopping. It would definitely take some time before I'd be able to wrap my head around this little fact- and even longer for Thanatos.

I kept feeling his eyes on me; watching me, observing me. I didn't know what for really. Maybe to see if I was about to pass out or perhaps he was looking for some strange side-effect? It has only been a few hours since the ceremony...

After the party, we sent our friends home, back to Thanatos' palace, and made our way up to Earth. Thanatos had organised four days for us to take a break and recuperate before heading back and putting an end to Ares' schemes.

While we were here, Apollo was gathering the remaining troops and information. Everything was falling into place.

And yet... Thanatos looked far more nervous than I was used to.

I had the feeling it was mainly because of my transition- he was still on edge from it, and also quite fascinated by me, but it was obvious what the current reasons behind his shot nerves were.

My parents.

"Darling?" I tried to get his attention as he fiddled with the sling-bag over his shoulder. We'd packed light; just for a few days, and apparently where we were heading, we wouldn't need a lot of clothes anyway...

At least, that's what Thanatos had told me? I had no idea where he was taking me the day after tomorrow.

He snapped his eyes up; "Yes?"