(31)Once White...

'Without him here I felt so deeply vacant...'

Once White...

I watched in silence as a crow sat on the edge of the high tower, bathed in the dying light of the sun

I watched in silence as a crow sat on the edge of the high tower, bathed in the dying light of the sun. The academy was shrouded in twilight, the cry of a crow the only company among the endless rows of neatly trimmed gardens.

I flexed my hand, savouring the crack of bone and the movement of my blood pulsing through. Two pairs of footsteps entered the small study. It still smelt of iron.

"You should head back to the palace, dear." I smiled down at the ground as Conrad's concerned voice filled the dome. I wanted to laugh.

My blue eyes lifted to the crow. Its beady eyes looked down at me through the window. I felt like it knew what I was thinking, feeling.

"Am I being an inconvenience?"

"Aurora-" Alexus attempted to dismiss my question, but I was in no mood. They were too calm; it annoyed me. "Shut up." I shot them both a dirty look. I'm fairly sure by now it wasn't just my magic talking- I was livid.

Seeing Samaria's life-less body being dragged out of the study on a stretcher, a black sheet draped over her pale skin. Her hand had dropped over the edge and hung limply to the side.

I could still smell the blood. It was everywhere.

How many lives had to be lost before all these games came to an end? How much more pain could one person take? Stress? Grief? My nerves were shot and frankly, I was done playing the cool-collected 'nice' girl for everyone to lean on.

It's time someone kicked these idiots into shape.

If only Thanatos were here- at least he knew how to be efficient and not get distracted by trivial things, like politeness.

No one moved. So I filled the silence with sarcasm; "Samaria is dead. Care to explain to me again why or how?" I stood up, my arms crossed over my black shirt.

How convenient I was wearing black today...

"Aurora," Conrad sighed; "We are all shocked and angry, but like I told you, both Alexus and I-"

"Weren't here at the time." I finished his sentence. I smiled; "You gave class, yes?"

Conrad nodded his eyes wide with sudden surprise; "Dear, what are you insinuating?"

I ignored him and turned my icy eyes to Alexus. She narrowed her hazel gaze; "And you? You were at Thanatos' palace, researching?"

Alexus shook her head in disbelief; "Yes, Aurora, I was. Do you really think Conrad or I-"

"Don't." I snapped. I shook my head, my smile full of malice. I was in no mood to be judged or questioned; "Don't pretend like we're all innocent."