(35)White Doves

One of the longest chapters I've ever written- A special one for my 23rd birthday!

Enjoy Xx

'Sincerity always came easier when the lights were off

'Sincerity always came easier when the lights were off...'

White Doves

Aurora held up the navy blue dress, her tanned hands stroking down the front in appreciation; "What about this one?"

I tapped my foot against the stone floor and narrowed my eyes. Sonya chucked softly as I shrugged with disinterest. "No."

"What?" Aurora grumbled; "Why not? What's wrong with this one?"

"Too much cleavage."

Aurora inhaled a deep breath while Trita and Sonya shared a knowing look. I pretended not to notice as they giggled and carefully placed the other dresses I'd already waved my hand to onto the bed with care.

Aurora flicked her tongue; "You're no help at all, you know that?"

I hummed in response and dropped my lazy eyes back to the thick book in my lap. I crossed one leg over the other and rested the side of my head against the back of my hand. Aurora folded her arms across her chest and glared down at me in annoyance.

"Thanatos."

I didn't bother looking up; I knew she was burning a hole through my forehead. "Yes?"

"You know, you kinda sound like Shere Khan when you say 'yes'..." Trita said as she folded a crisp white shirt.

I furrowed my brows; "Who?"

"You've never watched 'Jungle book'?" Sonya gasped and covered her mouth with a pale hand. I opened my mouth to reply, but Aurora's frustrated tone cut in; "Focus, people! I need a dress for the ascension- which just so by the way, happens to be tomorrow!"

"Darling," I lifted my eyes and offered her a wide, unbothered smile. She didn't appreciate my calm attitude; "We're trying our best to find the perfect dress..."