Chapter 2- Finding Out!!!

I was freezing and to make it worse, it began to snow. Connor stopped in front of an abandoned building and slid a piece of paper under the door. The door opened and I was pushed inside. It was only me and Connor in the hallway and the door closed behind us with a bang.

" Where are we and why is Tristan and and... what's the other guy's name??" I asked.

" We are in the vampire headquarters also called the Vampiro, which is spanish for vampire. The other guy is his name is James and they are waiting outside because the leader only wants to see you and me. Now stop talking and follow me." Connor explained and he walked down the corridor and I followed.

The door at the end of the hall was open and Connor walked through with me slowly behind. The room was circular and at the far end of the room there was a man sitting in a golden and red cushioned chair.

His hair was white like the snow falling outside, his eyes were golden like the sunset and his faced was filled with wrinkles like a raisin. His skin was fair and pale compared to the other vampires who had black bags under their eyes and they were fairer than the snow.

Connor whispered something into the old man's ear and then moved back slowly, like a timid dog who was scared of everything.

" Come here Jane." the old man said, his hand was held out to me and I noticed it was covered in red bloody scars. He must have been in a ferocious fight earlier that day.

" Now, I know you must be terrified right now, but I have something to explain to you. I am Christopher. Christopher the 4th leader of the vampire clan." He explained while he looked at me his eyes giving me a pleading look.

" I don't understand what you want with me and why did Connor bring me here?" I asked while I pointed at Connor.

" You are Jane Clifford. Jane Clifford daughter of Mark and Louise Clifford and you are my granddaughter. You belong here and we need you." Christopher explained to me and I couldn't take it in. If I was his granddaughter that would mean I was a vampire. But that wasn't right my parents are human and so am I.

" You are telling me I'm a vampire like him, like you and I'm your granddaughter. Then how come I don't have pointed teeth and how come I never knew this" I asked in bewilderment. I'm scared of all those horror films, it's like being stuck in one of my nightmares that I always have over and over again.

"Yes, you are a vampire and you need to join us to save our kind. Your father will be the leader of the clan soon as I am dying of old age. You will need to help the clan stay safe. You have the mark of the angel on your shoulder which means, you are one of the nine vampires who can defeat any clan who attacks us and you will be the leader after your mother." Christopher said. It was so much to take in, it was like a sponge which absorbed tonnes of water and couldn't absorb any more.

" Ok....I will join the clan but in return you let me stay here the night so I can learn about the clan and my history. Also, the snow is coming down heavy and there is ice outside." I said hoping he would say yes as I wasn't planning on walking about six blocks home.

" Yes, you can stay as long as you need." Christopher said.

I turned and walked toward the large round window. I admired the view of London, the snow was coming down heavy and it was going to be a biting cold winter's night.

I had no choice again but to stay here and do what was right, help them. This was it, my normal life of being a teenager was over, I am a vampire and this is the real me. Things I tought were myths were real and this was a new road that I had taken. A road that led to magic and adventure.

This was just the beginning. My old life was gone and I could never go back.