x One x

PART 1
FIRST YEAR, COME AND GO

Your Perspective >>

Today is the day! Today is my first day at U.A! I remember that I got in because of recommendations being the lucky basted I am. I knew Katsuki would be pissed that I got in over recommendations and he had to take the exams. Could I care? Definitely not.

The excitement bubbled in my stomach as I flipped over to my side and tilted my alarm clock to see the time past the reflection of the sun. "8:45. Ok. 8:45! I'VE GOT NO TIME TO GET READY!" All I remember was tying my tie on backwards, toothbrush in the left side of my mouth and a plain piece of bread in the right. Yes, I had no time to even toast my bread. I clenched my heart as the cliché hurt me. Thank goodness Mum wasn't home. Otherwise, things would get messy.

Your Daydream >>

"Y/N L/N!" HOW COULD YOU BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 15 YEARS OLD. START ACTING MORE YOUR AGE!" The older woman screeched at the younger girl who was curled into a ball on the floor. "I'M SO SORRY MUM! I WAS UP AT 2 AM READING FANFICTION SO I GOT NO SLEEP!" You wailed back at her. "What?" Your mother said suddenly confused. "What?" You responded by pretending to be equally confused. "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" You looked around for the owner of the new voice. It wasn't Mum this time.

Your Reality >>

"DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH KID?" Another person yelled as I woke up. My feet had taken me to the train station and almost to school. A crowd of people were not too happy about a student walking into everyone without apologising. I quickly called out "Sorry!" and "My Bad!" as I approached the large school. It looked terrifyingly large, yet so majestic.

As I entered the grounds, it really made me realise how beautiful the place is. Heroes that we all know and love today walked these grounds as students like myself. So nervous about what could come beyond the classroom- OOF. Speaking of classroom doors, I had just walked straight into mine.

I lay on the floor as the door still rattled from the impact. Sighing, I already gave up on the day. I should've just got up, went home and gone back to bed right there and then. That was until the door opened. Awkwardly tilting my eyes up, a boy with indigo hair stood in the doorway. Great. Imagine how he must see this?
*Hears a rattle from the door.*
*Walks over and sees a girl on the floor with a red freaking forehead from smashing into it.*

I wasn't gonna ruin my reputation... Yet... So I quickly stood up and smiled. "Hi there! I'm Y/N L/N!" I held out my hand and he took it surprised by my maturity. "Tenya Iida. Nice to meet you. It seems that we are going to be classmates from what I'm guessing?" I shook my head from running into the door making him assume I'm in this class. I quickly read the door and sigh in relief when it says '1-A'. "Yup! This is my class." The two of us entered the room and I looked around at the desks and people. Unsure where to sit, I just continue to casually talk to Iida like we've been friends forever.

Izuku's Perspective >>

It hadn't even been a minute and I see L/N already making friends. I can see confidence shine through the way she looks at people, how she speaks, how she acts. Sometimes I wonder how she does it. What's her drive? I've never actually talked to her before, only watched throughout the years.

Deciding to focus my attention back down at my notebook, I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey Deku!" The voice calls cheerfully and openly. I turn around to see Uraraka, the first real friend I made here.

((I know a lot of this isn't cannon, but I plan for the story parts to be like that so it adds a little differential to the story.))

"This place is super cool right?" She asked me jumping up and down in excitement. I didn't look her in the eyes, but instead at my twiddling thumbs underneath the table. "It really is I guess. It's way cooler than what they say." A small smile grew on my face as I spoke the truth. It really is amazing-,"

"BEHOLD!" Someone called from across the room stealing my attention away from my thoughts. It was L/N standing in front of the open window and more students were watching. "AS I SHOW YOU HOW TO FLY!" she finished. Kacchan rolled his eyes at her as I sat in horror. L/N always did this in Middle School and most of the time failed sadly. Y/N L/N was trying to fly. Kacchan mimicked my thoughts in speech form, but ruder. "Idiot, you can't fly. You'll just fall and hurt yourself." One moment I saw her sticking her nose up at Kacchan then the next I saw her running to the back of the room clearing desks out of the way to make a runway.

She stood against the back wall of the classroom before letting 2 huge gusts of wind escape her palms against the wall, shooting her across the room and out the window. Everyone got wind lashed before running up to the window to see if she was ok. When I was little, I always thought her and Kacchan were so cool, so I went back to my old ways running up to the window to watch too.

As she flipped her body around in the air to face us, she laughed. "I TOLD YOU I COULD DO IT KATSUKI!" My jaw dropped. Did Y/N L/N actually just fly? Did it take her 2 years to finally work it out? Every time she got knocked down or failed, she always would get up and try again. Her fearless smile radiated confidence and her eyes showed pure joy and accomplishment. She always stands tall and proud ready to face anything. That's why people admire her. That's why people like me admire her.

I was cut from my thoughts as I heard a loud thud and everyone giving an 'oh no' look. Re-focusing on the outside world, I realised that L/N was laying with her back flat against a tall tree. She must of hit it as she went dizzy and began falling. This caused her to scream on her way down. I watched in even more horror as she went into a pin drop position shooting herself straight back up. "I'M NOT DONE YET!" The only problem was, she didn't stop going up. She zipped around for a minute before she went up and out of sight. We leaned our heads out the window to try spot the poor girl, but saw nothing. That was all until I heard a loud "LOOK OUT!" I looked back out in front of me to see L/N coming right at me. I had no time to move before she knocked right into me, screaming, sending us both tumbling to the back of the classroom.

I shook my head and opened my eyes as I felt a small weight on my chest. L/N had fallen right on top of me. My face just went a deep red as she began to flutter one eye open. She looked right at me and we couldn't help hold eye contact for just a moment before she quickly got up and her face matched mine.

I was embarrassed because I was just knocked over by probably one of the most popular kids in our class, if not 1st year! She was most likely embarrassed by failing in front of the whole class without even knowing them for 10 minutes.

I blinked before realising that she had got up and was holding her hand out to me. "Sorry about that!" She rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. "At least you cushioned my fall through. So in a way, thanks?" Her awkward smile acted like nothing happened but also it did. I gladly took her hand and it sent an electric feeling through my body. No, not literally. It was like a new feeling that I had never felt before. Was it the confidence that L/N radiated, or was it that I've never really touched a girl before and a girl had never touched me? Whatever it was, she turned to the class and said "See? I told you I could do it! I didn't say I could control it, but I can do it!" Everyone nodded in agreement.

I just continued to stand beside her as we looked like a pair of cherries embarrassed for different reasons.