x Thirty Nine x

A/N - ATTENTION! I HAVE SET UP A POLL AND WOULD LIKE ALL OF MY READERS TO VOTE. THANK YOU! LET ME KNOW YOUR FAVOURITE MHA MALE CHARACTER* ((*If Midoriya is your favourite, choose your second favourite)) https://www.strawpoll.me/16332001

Izuku's Perspective >>

Sunlight slowly filled the room as it hit my eyelids. This caused me to stir as I blinked my eyes open slightly. Looking over, I saw Y/N resting her head next to mine. We must have fallen asleep during the movie. I sat up trying not to wake Y/N and made my way over to my bag to check my phone. Moments later, I heard a groan from over in the fort which means I did indeed wake her up. "Y/N?" I asked as I made my way back over. She just groaned once more even though she was clearly awake with her stretching arms. "Come on Y/N, let's get up," I told her gently. Still, she didn't budge. This was until an idea came to mind. Getting back up, I went over to my bag and pulled the cake out. Taking the plastic lid off, I waved the treat under Y/N's nose.

Within seconds, I saw her nose twitch as she sniffed the cake. Slowly, she stuck her tongue out to try to get a taste, but I pulled the cake away from her a bit just in time. She pushed her neck out to try to reach the cake with her tongue, but I pulled it back a bit further once again. After this, she slowly opened her lazy eyes as she shifted her body forward to try to reach now. Once again, I pulled away. This continued until she was awake and wrestling me for it.

"Don't make me drop it Y/N! We'll get none if you do!" As soon as I said this, she was off of me and sitting on the bed with pleading eyes.

"Hold on. Let me just try to find my phone first," she said looking around. I nodded and helped with her search. We looked under the covers, in the fort, in the drawers and probably every other place that it could be hidden under too. "Maybe it's in the other room," she said. She looked back up at me again. "Cake?"

Giving in, we went out to the kitchen to cut the cake. On our way out I saw Y/N's mother. "O-Oh! Hello Ms L/N!" I stuttered out with the cake in hand and Y/N behind me. She looked up and stopped her sweeping to give me her full attention. Behind me, Y/N was patting her pockets on a search for her phone still. "Hello, Izuku! I didn't know you were here. Make yourself at home," the lady told me before getting back to doing housework. Awkwardly smiling, We continued out to the kitchen. Sitting down, I got out a knife and began to cut the cake into even slices.

The whole time, Y/N's eyes were focused on the blade. Slowing down, I spoke up. "You alright? Something on your mind?" I asked. She shook herself out of her daydream and looked away. "It's nothing. Don't worry," she said frowning at the floor. I looked at her for a moment longer before deciding that she probably wanted to keep this as a private thing where her parents couldn't hear. "Cake for breakfast," I smiled placing a slice on a plate and handing it to her. Looking up, she gave a small smile and accepted it gratefully. We ate in a comfortable silence as I wondered what was going through her mind.

After we finished, we cleaned ourselves up and got dressed. "Want to go on a walk? It's a really nice day today," Y/N suggested as she put her socks on. "Sure why not," I responded doing the same.

We made our way out of Y/N's room to see her mother in the living room with Y/N's phone. It dangled from her hand as her mother had a passive aggressive smile on her face. "Excuse me Y/N, can we please talk for a moment? In private?" she asked. I looked over to Y/N to see a panicked expression on her face. "A-Actually mother, we're about to go on a walk." Once Y/N said this, her mother looked pissed. "No, you're not. You're going to talk to me first," she said. At this, Y/N grabbed my wrist, snatched her phone from her mother and used her quirk so get us out of there. While all of this was happening, I decided to stay silent. Best to not interfere.

It turns out that Y/N blasted us off to the local park. Slowing down, she turned to me. "I can't go home tonight. Not until late at least." Whatever happened back there must have been pretty serious. No wonder she zoomed out of the house before questions could be asked. "Alright. My mother will probably let you stay the night. She likes you a lot," I responded causing a smile to spread across her face. "Thank you Izuku. You're a real lifesaver," she laughed before saying "Literally," and her laughing slowed. Her face dropped once more. My face filled with worry. "Y/N?.." I asked. Her eyes stuck to the ground. "Izuku, what happened...-," she looked up to me now. "to Katsuki?"

A/N - Sorry for the shorter chapter. Sorry for another Author Note too. I think I'm gonna finally drop the lighthearted stuff. Time for this story to get darker than it ever has before.