x Thirteen x

Your Perspective >>

We saw someone slowly walk in. He must have had a key to unlock the gate that was previously locked. His torch shown brightly, but not towards us. Yet. I whipped my head to Midoriya and on instinct, pulled him under the water to stay unseen.

His eyes were clamped shut but slowly reopened when we were fully submerged. He looked at me in panic. I wasn't sure if it was from getting caught being places we shouldn't, or he couldn't breathe. Probably both. I immediately looked up and tried to pull oxygen down into the water through large bubbles. This worked and I directed them over to Midoriya. He swiftly inhaled the air from them before holding his breath again, me the same.

We waited a few more seconds until we saw any light disappear from above the water. Slowly, our heads rose above the water to see we were alone again. "W-we almost got caught...," Midoriya began, but I accidentally cut him off with obnoxiously loud laughing. He looked at me confused. "That was so sly of us, and he was so stupid to not see us!" I burst out laughing again, him slowly following and letting out some chuckles too.

"Maybe we should go now. Just in case that guy comes back," Midoriya suggested, still clearly worried. "Agreed. Let's get out of here," I said as Midoriya pulled himself out of the pool. I tried to do the same, but I struggled. I felt an embarrassing blush creep it's way across my face as I tried to pull my body weight out of the water. "Need some help?" Midoriya asked holding out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up instantly. Damn, he's strong.

"Thanks. I guess I don't have much upper body strength really. I kinda just depend on my quirk all the time instead" I said nervously before making my way over to our towels and wrapping it around myself and my soaked clothes. He smiled and didn't judge me. Instead he followed me and did the same before we began to make our way over the fence again.

Walking side by side with Izuku Midoriya in the dark wasn't on my bucket list, but it seemed like it should have been. He was such a friendly person once you got to know him and deep down, he had courage. I just knew it. I guess he just doesn't like to come out of his shell very often. As we walked in silence, we just watched the sleeping neighbourhood with what light we got from the lamp posts. It was nice. Even the chill from the wind was nice.

When we approached his apartment house, he looked over to me and finally spoke. "Thanks," was all he managed to say. I looked up from the ground as we walked into the lobby and my eyes trailed up to his face with confusion. "Hmm?"
"For tonight," he finished. "If I'm being honest, that was actually pretty fun." A small smile crept onto his face as he looked back down at the ground, me the same. "I should be thanking you too. It was fun because I had a friend with me," I smiled as I saw his face dust pink from the corner of my eye.

When we reached his apartment, we slowly crept in feeling grateful that his mother was asleep.

I crawled back into the bed, still damp. I felt my eyelids grow heavy as I rest my head on the pillow. "What happened to an all-nighter?" I heard Midoriya giggle with a playful smirk. "Too tired," I groaned out flipping onto my stomach letting sleep eat me whole. I mean, it was 3 am.

As I fell slowly asleep, I quietly muttered out a "Goodnight," even though it was technically morning. It's so strange how Midoriya and I have only really been friends for a few weeks. It honestly feels like longer. The important part is that we are friends though, and I am deeply grateful for that.

Izuku's Perspective >>

I saw her dose off into slumber as I said "Goodnight," back to her. I looked down at her and saw that the sheets were starting to get soaked as she shook. Her clothes were still wet from swimming. I quietly got up and grabbed her a soft blanket that my mother bought for me when I was younger. It had prints of all kinds of pro heroes on it. Normally I wouldn't show my hero stuff to people because I would be scared of what they would say. I wasn't scared of what L/N thought though. I knew she wouldn't care because she's honestly just as much of a nerd as me! I found out that she loves heroes and researching them and discovering how their quirks work. I remember her telling me that if she didn't get into U.A, she would have become a scientist researching how quirks work and what brought them here in the first place.

I lay the blanket over her seeing her shaking slow down. I smiled at myself before heading into the kitchen to try making a hot chocolate. I would make her one of course, but she was asleep. 

As I put it together as quietly as possible, I began to just think. It wasn't just about hero work this time. It wasn't about my power and All Might. It wasn't about school or yesterdays big fight. I thought about L/N for some reason. I know that I have only known her a few weeks and I know that we have only been friends for a small portion of that, but even since we were young, I have always felt like I was attracted to L/N. Like a magnet. I followed her and listened to anything possible. Not like a creepy stalker though! Now that I think about it though, every time she compliments me or gets really close, I feel myself heat up my stomach feels like little bubbles are exploding, tickling at my insides. My mind fills up with thoughts and I stutter. It can't be what I think it is. I hardly know her compared to others. I might just wait this one out.

As I finish up my drink, I feel warm inside crawling back into my bed. I turn my head to the side and glare at L/N for a moment. That's not it. Not yet at least. It's just silly feelings that all guys feel when around girls. Right? I feel myself slowly drift off to sleep as I begin to think about how I am going to master One For All ASAP.

A/N I know it has been over 10 chapters and ya'll want some sparks. There is the start of your sparks. YW