x Seventeen x

Izuku's Perspective >>

I tried to frown, but her contagious smile spread to me. I can't do it. Why would I even try to make her jealous in the first place? Is it because she always picks Kacchan first? I guess I shouldn't be too mad. They have been friends since forever. What did I expect? The guy she has known for a month or the guy she has known most of her life? Never being someones first choice or being someones best friend is just so tough I guess. I'm always trying, but I'm scared of what people might think of me. I shouldn't be thinking like this, but I am. I shouldn't be jealous, but I am. She has come to see me when no one else has, so I should be happy. Just something inside hurts though.

I had a flashback to when we were kids. Remembering seeing L/N with Kacchan all the time. Always picking him for her partner. Me always standing back, too scared to say anything. Maybe if I had just stood up for myself at the time and said something, it could be me. We could have been friends. I would be her first choice. She's just such a friendly and bubbly positive person. She would be the perfect best friend for anyone. She's friends with lots of people though. I'm just another one in the bunch of her 'friends'.

"Looks pretty bad" she said pointing to my cast as her smile weakened with sorrow. "I'll be fine, don't worry about it" I told her hoping I could calm her worries. Shaking her head, she looked at me seriously. "No it's not. You can't keep doing this to yourself. What if something really bad happened? I would never be able to forgive myself if you permanently hurt yourself and I didn't stop you" she said biting her lip to avoid letting out a sob. "I just leaned up to her and wrapped my only good arm around her shoulders in a hug. "I promise I'll be safe" I told her once more as my face heated up.

"You should be alright to go now. Just take it easy for the rest of the day" Recovery Girl said as our faces lit up. L/N helped me up as we made our way straight to the door thanking the Nurse on our way out. L/N looked super protective of my arm as we walked down the empty hall.

"You ok?" I asked L/N causing her to stop and look at me. "Hmm?" she asked in a confused tone. I decided to rephrase my question. "Why do you care so much?" I asked probably sounding like I was gonna burst into tears at thought of being her second choice,  just another friend. She sighed before she finally let a tear escape her eye looking down. "Ever since what happened. What I saw. You, That monster, the blood, the fear in your eyes, I felt sick. Sick like I was gonna throw up. Not because of the blood, but the sight of someone being so scared, so.. sad" she said letting a few more tears fall to her shirt. "I felt so scared and sad for you too, and I risked my life to save you. I almost died for you. You almost died for me. That thought will never leave me, even when I'm dead" she said, voice shaking now as she let out a small, weak smile. She finally looked me right in the eyes. "What we have experienced together is something more than friendship, a connection on an emotional level. The level of death. That's why I care so much. So much about your health and our friendship" she said wiping her tears, a few falling from myself now. She turned back around before continuing to walk while saying as I watched her back. "That's why I care".

I didn't care about my arm at this point. I ran up to her and threw my only good arm around her in a hug. She turned around in my arm as she looked at me and hugged me back, not wanting to hurt my arm. We stayed like that for a minute.

I felt my cheeks turn pink as I let small tears fall down her back. Suddenly it hit me. I didn't want to admit it to myself. I've been telling myself otherwise this whole time, but now I couldn't turn it down. I like L/N. Like I like like L/N. I didn't want to tell myself this though as I knew that I wouldn't be able to confess to her. I knew that she wouldn't be able to return my feelings. I knew that I was no where near her level, but I liked her. I just wish that I didn't.

Your Perspective >>

As we arrived back at the classroom, everyone began to swarm Midoriya. I used this chance to slip in so hopefully no one would see me. This didn't work though as I felt a hand grip around the collar of my shirt. "Were you in the bathroom?" Mr. Aiazwa asked as he noticed I came back with Midoriya. I felt panic rising in me as I just nodded and replied in a high voice. "Yup!". I made another attempt to escape but his hand wrapped around my collar again. "Don't do that again" was all he said before letting me go. I dashed for my seat hoping that no more questions would be asked.

I looked over and saw Midoriya looking at me through the people. I looked back at him with empathy as he was being asked a million questions a second by the rest of the class. Not long after, I heard Katsuki say from his desk, "Oi, bloody Icyhot is in hospital" not looking up from his phone, clearly talking to me trying to avoid looking at Midoriya. "Wait, Todoroki's in hospital?" I asked genuinely curious leaning back to look at his phone. "Murder attempt it says. Idiot" he read from the news. I looked at the image of Todoroki under the title of "Young boy attacked by villain and almost Murdered!" as I saw something terrifying. A girl with half and half hair who seemed to have this small mark on her cheek, same at the monster that attacked Midoriya. y eyes shot over to him as I saw him look at me with worry as he clearly heard what Katsuki said.

A/N - Ok now we are finally getting somewhere lele