x Twenty Four x

Izuku's Contention >>

I haven't seen much of Y/N recently. She's always been with Kacchan which intimidates me. I guess I'm no better as I've been hanging out with Uraraka a bit more instead. She's been so kind to me, even though I have probably over stayed my welcome. As the school bell rang for the day to end, I picked up my bag and waited around at my table for a moment as Y/N was laughing at something Tsu had said. She waved off everyone as she looked over to me, eyes filling with something different as she saw me. I felt Uraraka tap my shoulder from behind and she said goodbye. After she left, Y/N's positive attitude returned as she bounced over to me. "Hello Izuku!" She said like we hadn't seen each other in a long time. It felt like that. I mean, we had been side by side for quite some time now.

Tonight we were going to find interview Ragdoll for our Assignment as the last part. All Might had contacted her and she told us to meet her in the park. "Izuku?" I snapped back to reality ((oop there goes gravity ((((literally. Fuck you in this story Uraraka)))))) Y/N's face was abnormally close to mine as she tried to catch my attention. "O-oh! Umm sorry. Hi Y-Y/n!" I responded feeling heat up. A blush spread across her face as said "Should we get going? We don't have much longer left on this assignment". I nodded as we made our way out and put our shoes on before we left the school. Everyone was given quite an extension after all.

As we began for the park, Y/N looked down not looking to start a conversation. I guess I wasn't either. Kacchan could have said anything about me. What if I say something wrong about him? What if she gets mad? Oh god. Best stay quiet.

The air between us stayed tense until we reached our destination. We sat down on a bench under a cherry blossom tree and waited. I looked over to Y/N and felt my heart beat grow faster. The small petals of the flowers fell around us our hair lightly blew in the wind. She looked so nice, even in the school uniform. I felt like saying something. I wanted to tell her how much she has done for me in the past few months and how much I love her. My mouth opened as I went to speak, but no words came out. In that moment, all I could think about was Kacchan. How when they are together, they have loads of fun. I feel like Y/N has fallen for Kacchan and it hurts me so much. I slammed my fist on the chair beside me in anger. In the corner of my eye, I saw her flinch from the sudden aggressive move.  I wanted to say something. Anything. Nothing came out. I was scared.

"Are you ok?" She asked as she moved herself to face me. I held back any further signs of anger as I simply said "Yeah. I'm fine". I wasn't fine though. Why couldn't I just ask? Speak up?

Your Contention >>

I felt uneasy with his answer, but he genuinely seemed fine. I should be saying he's not because that is such a out of the ordinary move. I should be asking for an answer and helping him. But I'm not. Why though? Is it because I feel like it would be something Uraraka would say? The thought made me feel sick. I looked up at him one last time before I heard a voice approach us. "Hi there. Are you Midoriya and L/N?" The female asked. The lady had long blue hair and yellow pupils. This must be Ragdoll. "Yes we are!" I stood up and held my hand out. "I'm Y/N L/N! This is my friend Izuku Midoriya" I held my hand out for her to shake it. The words felt sour on my tongue, but I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. 'Friend'.

Without a moment to waste. We interviewed who we later found to be named 'Shiretoko' about her hero life. During the interview we asked her how she lost her quirk. Her breath hitched as she answered the question. "I-I lost my quirk to a man. A crazy man who steals quirks." She spoke. Izuku and I looked at each other before looking back at her. "Explain?" Izuku prodded her before she continued. "It was like his quirk was to steal quirks" she told us. Izuku began to mumble to himself before her got louder and started to explain how it's impossible. I giggled at this cute trait of his while Shiretoko looked confused. She just continued saying how he said that he planned to be the most dangerous villain in the world. This sent shivers down our spines.

"Thank you for today" Izuku and I spoke in union before bowing a thank you. She chuckled before letting us know it was no trouble. "I'm not really doing much now that I have no quirk" She beamed at us with a large crazy smile.

When we walked away with the video, things stayed quiet. This was all until Uraraka and Katsuki ran over to us. I felt myself visably shrink away from Uraraka's glare while I heard Izuku audibly grunted. The air was tense before Uraraka spoke up. "We've been looking for you guys" she said. The only thing she really explained was that she wanted to hang out with Izuku while Katsuki wanted to go somewhere with me. I smiled and took the offer greatly but I felt a little upset that Uraraka was going off with Izuku. We quickly parted ways to keep things calm. As I saw Izuku and Uraraka walk off together in the distance, I felt myself grow slightly quieter when Katsuki aksed me a question. Them together made me feel.. sad. Not angry, not depressed, just sad.

----

Little did any of us know, someone was watching as soon as Shiretoko brought him up. "Is that? It can't be. Goodness, he's all grown up." A devilish smile spread across his face as he spat toxic words. "I've found my lost gold." 

A/N - Stuff's gonna start getting intense from here sorry lol