x Five x

Your Perspective >>

I focused deeply as I saw the building grow nearer. The only problem was, I began to grow tired. I have never used this much of my power for this long making my body grow weaker making our route more wobbly.

Eyes threatening to close, I kept my mind on the prize. That was all until I head a loud "L/N!" Midoriya was shouting to me so I turned my attention to him. "Grab my unbroken foot. I've got an idea," he told me lifting the only limb that was still intact to my reach. I yawned before shaking my head. "No way Midoriya. You must be in so much pain right now that I can't let you break any more bones." He mimicked me and shook his head before kicking his foot up and forcing it into my only free hand causing us to suddenly stop and start falling. At this point, I was so tired and sore that I just fluttered my eyes closed and let the air grasp me, throwing me to my fate below.

I suddenly felt a leg wrap around my waist making me focus on what was going on. Midoriya had wrapped the only secure limb around me in a weird way before powering it up. My arm was now in a position to be a catapult. He screamed at me to let go of his foot so, I obeyed and did so.

Izuku's Perspective >>

I felt us fly back up from the force of my leg. By this point, she had grabbed on to my waist and hugged me before softly snoring. We were catapulted right up to the top of the building and we landed with a thud. L/N was now sprawled out on the ground asleep and I was laying near her unable to move in pain. There was nothing we could do unless she woke up and somehow got us to the hospital.

My limbs hurt greatly which didn't help the situation. I screeched at her with all my energy "L/N!"

I saw her head fling up luckily, and she was spitting her hair out of her mouth while adjusting her eyes to the light. She looked as if she'd been out for hours! "L/N! We need to get to the hospital right now," I told her and the only response I received was a nod. I felt her soft, tired arms wrap around me as she dragged us to the elevator and pressed a button to get us to the ground floor. Lucky this building only had 32 floors.

As we went down, I stuttered out to her "T-Thanks," suddenly feeling self-conscious. I received no response. She just stood there staring at the wall through her eyelashes. That must be the downside to her quirk. She can get really tired of she uses it too much.

As we hit the bottom floor, the ding woke her up and she carried us out to the street. We were drenched in blood, sweat and tears. Of course, this attracted attention as people began to gather and call for help. I looked at the girl laying on the ground next to me slowly falling asleep as I felt my eyelids grow heavy too and the sirens and voices turned to white noise.

★★★

Colour surrounded me as I had vision again. I looked down and I was all bandaged up. Suddenly, I could hear the voices of people.

"He'll be fine by tomorrow as long as he stays here the night." The person talking sounded like.. Recovery Girl? I thought she worked at the school. "The girl? Oh. Her energy levels were dangerously low. It was like she had run out of stamina but she kept trying to use energy she didn't have." I looked to my right knowing who 'The Girl' was. Small snores became noticeable as I focused on her. The way her H/C locks were messed up and her side were covered in stitches made me feel horrible.

This girl almost died to save my life. Why though? She could have easily gone back downstairs and pretend she saw nothing. It had to have been guilt that triggered her to jump out.

I felt a tiny bit of pain now but it wasn't as bad as it was before. Seeing crutches, they must have known I could walk if I used them. I quietly rose myself out of the bed and made my way over to her. "I know you can't hear me right now, but t-thank you," I stuttered out seeing the girl who should really be in pain if she was awake. "I'm s-sorry that I-I couldn't h-help and I got you s-stuck in this me-s-s-s," I began to silently cry as I leaned over and rested my head on her stomach not being able to hug her. She would probably find this weird so I'm glad she was asleep.

I suddenly felt something tugging at my hair. Like small fingers were running through it. "It's alright Midoriya. I got to be closer to you and I got to show my real strength. That's all that matters to me." I didn't need to look at her to know a small smile formed from her lips as she continued to stroke my monstrosity of locks.

What happened yesterday is something I will never forget. Just remembering how I was attacked so suddenly scared the life out of me. Is it safe to say that I never want to go on a rooftop ever again? I would say yes.

"Don't cry Midoriya," her gentle words filled my thoughts. "Everything will be back to normal by tomorrow." Truth was, she was right like usual. Everything was going to be alright and everything was going to be back to normal. The only thing that will never be normal again is the memory of what happened on the night of a supposedly 'normal' meet up with some friends.