The Making Of... ~ Chapter 3 ~ The Fellowship

The Making of…

Chapter 3

The Fellowship

I rolled out of bed – slightly refreshed – at six and decided to call my mum. I punched in her number to my phone; it rang three times before she picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hi mum, it’s me.” I smiled.

“Kira! How are things?”

“Great, I’ve met some of the cast and they’re all really friendly.”

“Good, good. What time is it with you?”

“Just after six… In the evening.” I added.

“Oh, we’re just about to have lunch here.”

We chatted for a good while, it felt strange, knowing that I couldn’t just pop over to my parent’s house and say hi anymore. It made me feel a little homesick.

“I’ve got to go mum; I’m meeting some people for dinner.”

“Oh ok, I’ll talk to you soon. Bye sweetie.”

“Bye mum, love you!”

I hung up and began to search for something to wear tonight, before I got all teary-eyed. I found a light green summer dress in my case and changed into it. It had been strange packing my summer clothes before I left, even though it was November, and it was almost mid-winter back home, it was summer here! I brushed out my hair and straightened it, before putting on a little makeup. I examined my teeth, making sure that no traces of my ‘tooth mud’ stuff had been left behind. I slipped on a pair of high heeled sandals and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t look too casual, or too formal, which I supposed was appropriate. I jumped a little as someone knocked on my door. I walked over and opened it to find Viggo standing in the hall.

“Hi.” I smiled.

“Hey, ready to go?” He said in his soft American accent. I noticed he was wearing a shirt and jeans, I was glad that I wouldn’t be the only person who was slightly casually dressed.

“Yep!” I grinned, feeling my stomach flutter with excitement. I was going to meet the rest of the cast!

I closed the door behind me and followed Viggo downstairs and into the dining room where a large group of people were taking their seats around a long table. Viggo walked up to them and pulled out a chair for me.

“Thanks.” I mumbled as he sat down. He was such a gentleman!

“Hey Ki!”

I looked around to see Billy sitting beside me, with Dominic on his other side.

“Hiya!” I smiled.

“Did you have a good day?” He asked.

“Yeah, everything’s been great!” I grinned.

“Hi Kira!” I looked up and noticed Orlando sitting opposite me with a pretty dark haired woman sitting beside him. “This is Liv Tyler.” He smiled, introducing me to the woman, “She’s playing Arwen.”

“Hi.” I smiled, shaking her hand from across the table.

“Nice to meet you!” She said in a friendly tone.

“And this is Sean Bean,” Orlando continued, gesturing to the man sitting beside him. “He’s playing Boromir.”

“Hey.” He said in a friendly British accent as I shook his hand.