The Making Of - ... Chapter 9 - A Development

The Making of…

Chapter 9

A Development

I watched anxiously as Peter made his way over to his chair and sat down, and then looked up at where Viggo was lying, pretending to be asleep on the couch. There were three cameras scattered around, so we wouldn’t have to pause midway through the scene to change the angles… I supposed that was an advantage.

“Action!” Pete shouted and I forced myself into character as I slowly climbed the steps towards Viggo, feeling the floorboards of the set beneath my bare feet. He blinked awake and turned to look at me, smiling slightly. I smiled in return as I leant against one of the pillars that lined the alcove.

“This is a dream…” Viggo murmured and I smiled a little, walking towards him and kneeling down so my face was level with his.

“You should be resting.” I whispered, delicately brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes as he momentarily closed them, and letting my fingertips gently trace his jaw line. I leant in a little closer as I did so, waiting for his next line.

“I am resting…” He murmured, closing his eyes slowly as his lips curved into a smile.

“Ssh…” I said softly, placing a finger on his lips which I found surprisingly smooth… My finger drifted away from his lips after a moment and caressed his cheek as his eyes flickered open. We stared at each other for a long moment, as I became lost in the stormy abyss of his eyes. “Will you return to me?” I whispered.

“I will always return to you.” He replied, as his hand crept towards mine. His fingers slowly curled around my hand and lifted it down to his chest, covering the pendant that lay there; he then covered my own hand with his own. “I promise.” He murmured. I smiled a little, as my heart thumped erratically in my chest, and then I leant forward, so that my forehead was touching Viggo’s. He closed his eyes as I leant closer, delicately brushing my lips against his as my eyes drifted closed. His lips parted a little and I found myself doing the same as his hand ever-so-slightly tightened its grip on mine. With his free hand he reached up to my face and pulled me closer, his fingers entwining themselves in my hair as he deepened the kiss. He sat up a little, pulling me even closer and taking control of the kiss as I felt his heart race beneath my hand. I sighed softly as his lips moved over mine, almost forgetting that we were in the middle of the scene. Viggo pulled back a little, so that our lips were only slightly touching. My heartbeat fluttered as he breathed his warm breath on my face and the taste of his lips still lingered on mine.

Le melon…” I whispered breathlessly the line that meant ‘I love you,’ opening my eyes and gazing up at him. He smiled against my lips and rubbed his forehead against mine a little.

Le melon.” He repeated in a seductive whisper, kissing my lower lip. I moved my free hand up to his shoulder, and gently pushed him down until he was once again lying down. I smiled and stroked his cheek as he closed his eyes and sighed a little.

“Sleep.” I murmured quietly as his breathing regulated. I stood slowly and leant towards him, kissing his lips once more. “Sleep.” I repeated in a low whisper.

I heard behind me, Peter quietly say ‘cut’ and I was pulled back to the real world. Viggo opened his eyes and smiled at me as he sat up. I sat down beside him as I nervously waited for Peter’s evaluation. The short scene had left me breathless and blushing, even though I had only been acting. The kiss meant nothing; it was only another scene… Right?