[3] Minho

-/-

-/-

"Good job," Minho spatted at Thomas who came running into the maze, a place he has never been before, just before the doors closed.

Minho was sitting on the ground breathing heavily looking at Thomas who had a hopeless look on his face. Thomas's eyes were darting around taking in the surroundings.

"What were you trying to accomplish?" Minho asked.

Thomas opened his mouth but closed it again. What was he trying to accomplish? He just felt the need to help you and Minho.

"This shucking slinthead doesn't even know what he is doing." The anger was radiating from Minho. He was mad at himself for getting stuck in the maze.

You nudged Minho, "come on, he was just trying to help. No need to get mad at him." You turned to Thomas, you hadn't see him in the Glade yet. "Hi, I'm [your name]," you introduced yourself sticking out your hand for him to shake.

Minho looked at you with ridicule on your face. "This is the time you are going to introduce yourself?! We're gonna die."

"Exactly, I would like to know the person I'm dying with," you joked.

Minho sighed, a small smile on his face, "the only person who'd found something amazing when they are about to die. You're unbelievable."

Thomas (finally) took your hand and shook it. "Uh, I'm Thomas. The newbie."

"Well, Thomas, I'm glad you didn't leave me hanging by the way, do you have any experience with running?" You hoisted Minho up. "Because we're gonna do that a lot tonight."

"Why not just leave him behind?" Minho suggested.

You glared at him. "If you want to leave him behind then go. I'm gonna stay with Thomas."

What Minho did next was something he would regret for the rest of his life. He wished he could turn back time and go back to this moment and scream at himself.

Minho turned around and with one last glance lingering on your face scanning it taking every piece of you in, so he could remember it even when he was dead, then he was gone.

Thomas and you were left behind. While you watched Minho take a turn right your heart broke. You however had other plans then playing the left boy/girlfriend tonight. You turned to Thomas.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do." You explained to him that the key to survival was running.

And that's what the two of you did the whole night long. You encountered a couple of Grievers of which Thomas quickly found a way to make them fall from the maze.

You checked your watch. "The doors almost open," you gushed, not believing you were still breathing. "Follow me."

You sat down leaving against the doors. Thomas sat down next to you. "Thank you for staying with me. I don't know if I would've survived otherwise."

"I know you would've survived otherwise. We would've died if not for your action with the grievers." You looked at your watch, there were still two minutes left before the doors opened. "Alright listen to me. Once those doors," you patted the stone door you and Thomas were leaning on, "open people are going to give you loads of shit. Especially Gally. I want you to do one thing. Please don't let them get to you."

One minute left.

Thomas nodded, but didn't say anything. He noticed your anxious looks trying to find your boyfriend (at least he thought after Minho left last night you seemed pissed).

Thirty seconds left.

You cursed under your breath. It wasn't going to be like this. Minho can't be dead. You were still pissed at him, but not pissed enough to want him dead.

Twenty seconds left.

You were still sitting against the door. When you saw Minho running. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. He was alive. The three of you survived.

You stood up. Minho stopped in front of you and fell to his knees. "[your name], love of my life, I'm so sorry. I don't know what overcame me yesterday. The thought of dead shucked me up. The minute I ran away. I knew I was the biggest slinthead ever. I beg for you to forgive me."

The doors started opening making it almost impossible to hear each other. Thomas, who was still leaving against the doors, fell back in the Glade.

You also dropped down to your knees and kissed Minho. "I forgive you. There's only place for one brave person in a relationship anyway," you joked.

Minho chuckled. "I can't believe we survived."

***

okay this has been changed entirely. cuz it sucked before.

fun things you want to or have done in the summer?