[24] Gally

Gally has a crush on you

-/-

Today a new greenie had come with the box which only means one thing: a bonfire. For many Gladers it was the best night in many months, the only night they could let go and pretend they weren't trapped inside a ginormous maze. The bonfire had a couple of traditions: Gally would make his drink, the fire would be lighted by the greenie and there would be a fight. 

The fighting began, normally Gally would be the first to fight, but he didn't want to fight without you there. He had been planning for a while to impress you with his skills. So, when you and Thomas were within reach he challenged Thomas to a fight. 

"Not today," Thomas said as he shook his head. 

The crowd began to chant, "Shuckhead! Shuckhead!" forcing Thomas to participate in the fight with peer pressure. 

He put his drink down and said, "Alright, let's fight."

A circle was formed around Thomas and Gally, each checking the others stance, waiting for the other to throw the first punch. They circled each other ignoring the crowd who was still chanting, they were used to quick fights that were finished with one punch.  

Thomas charged, but Gally ducked out of the way making Thomas loose his balance which in turn gave Gally a perfect opening to punch him in the gut. Thomas hissed as he once again took a stance, Gally might be an asshole, but he's a damn good fighter, he thought. 

Gally kept glancing at you feeling the need to see you response, were you impressed that he hit Thomas or with his skills?  After the hit he laid on Thomas the fight quickly ended, he hit Thomas one last time in the nose making his fall. 

The crowd cheered crowding Gally to congratulate him, but while his friends were patting him on the back for being once again the best fighter in the Glade, his eyes were searching you. 

You, however, had gone to help Thomas who's nose was bleeding heavily. "Are you alright?" 

Thomas nodded, "I'm fine." 

"On a scale of one to ten how much does it hurts?" You asked as you helped him stand up. 

"Shuck, I don't know. Maybe it doesn't hurt because I can't feel it?" 

"Let's go to the Homestead." 

You and Thomas walked away not seeing Gally staring at your back, his plan to impress you had failed. 

***

Thanks for the 80 votes.

i need more plants and books. 🌿📚

do you have plants?  and what's you favourite kind  of plant?