[31] Gally

You're new in the Glade

-/-

A crowd had formed in front of the open stone gates, their faces were filled with worry and anxiety. It was dead silent. Gally was crouched down his eyes fixed on the empty space as if he was expecting to see something there. 

You opened your mouth, but closed it immediately unsure of what to say. Everyone was quiet, there had to be a reason for that, right? With every second passing more brows furrowed and more people started to look away from the empty space, afraid about what they weren't seeing. Curiosity got the best of you and you decided to ask what was going on. 

"The doors will close in two minutes if the runner aren't back by then he'll be trapped in the maze overnight." A pause. "There's yet to be someone that survived a night." Gally eyes were still trained on the empty space. The longer you looked at it the closer the walls got to each other.

"B-but something needed to have happened, right? Why don't we send people in there to-to help him," you suggested feeling useless. 

"It's against the rules. Either they make it back or they don't."

You looked at all the faces of the Gladers individually while some were better at hiding their true feelings the pain was visible on each of them. A bond hadn't formed yet between you and the boys, but you couldn't imagine waiting here with the chances of your friends dying in the maze. 

"Rules are meant to be broken."

Gally shook his head not believing you said that. "Some are. This one isn't." 

"Ho-how can we just stand here while he's in the maze probably afraid." 

A loud noise startled you, this was the first time you've heard the sound of the doors closing. It was a loud rumble making the ground under your feet shake. 

"We have to help him!" You said desperately, even though you didn't know the person currently trapped you couldn't just let him die. Where you the only ones with morals? "How can you just sit here while someone is gonna die. . ." 

Gally finally took his eyes of the empty space that was getting harder and harder to see due to the doors closing, he saw the way you were standing. Your muscles were flexed and your eyes were set on the target, the maze; you were ready to run, something Gally couldn't let you do. 

"We can't afford to lose more people." His arm tightened around your waist as you took a step towards the maze. The doors were almost closed and you could see a person running towards the Glade however once you looked at the distance he still needed to run you knew there is no way he was going to make it. You struggled against Gally's hold, kicking and hitting him. "We-we've got to help him." 

"I'm sorry, but we can't." One of his arms tightened around you neck closing off your air circulation just enough so you fainted.  

***

The good news is that I have a lot of chapters ready for you to be read and we have almost reach the 1k readers. If you think that about 200 reads to go is less.

to be honest the only reason i write is to (1) avoid making homework or (2) i need to rant, but i don't have friends who i can rant against who would actually -- dare i say -- enjoy it. look at me pitying myself ✌️🥴. i should make this rant book, but no one would read it which isn't the worst, but people commenting is the best. so,,, dunno. 

subject in school you hate the most? for me it's chemistry, i fucking hate it with my entire body. wish i didn't chose it, but well too late.