[7] Newt

-/-

-/-

You were one of the first people in the Glade. Basically everyone called you the mom of the group, which suited you really well. You cared for all the people there. So, whenever a new person arrived you were the one who showed them around.

Most of the guys saw you as a older sister and the really young boys saw you as a mom. They all respected you and listened to you.

When Newt arrived in the Glade he immediately found you attractive. He had nudged one of the Gladers at the bonfire the first night he spend in the glade, and asked him this question, "is [your name] single?"

The guy who he asked was one of the original Gladers. Which wasn't a good choice. All of the guys that were in the Glade had formed this protectiveness over you in only a couple of months. Even though you acted like an older sister; you were still smaller. So, in terms of protecting you, they always would. When one of the newbies asked a question like this they didn't react lightly. "Don't think about [your name] in that way. Don't ask anyone about it again if you want to keep your face intact." The Glader had snarled.

Newt still continued to admire you, but from afar. He even became friends with you and pushed his own feeling far back. He rather have you in his life just as a friend than not at all.

However, you weren't as oblivious as everyone thought you were. They thought you didn't notice that they have you the jobs you preferred, or something that was very easy. Amd of course, you noticed Newt staring at you. (even though Newt thought he was being subtle). He wasn't.

At first you just saw Newt as a friend, like one of the Gladers. But overtime, a special room in your heart started to form for the sweet british boy who always looked out for you. You invested more in your friendship.

However, neither of you told the other person about their feelings. Newt was still afraid of what the other Gladers would do and you were afraid you were making his feelings up.

Thomas had enough of it one day. He had enough of all the blushing, staring and flirting.

"She loves you back, you know that, right?" Thomas bluntly asked when he saw Newt looking with a giddy smile on his face once again.

"Oh. Really?" Newt asked, a frown on his face.

Thomas sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Do you need me to spell it out for you? She loves you and you love her!" He exclaimed, "So, if you don't get your ass over there and tell her... I'll push you off the cliff," Thomas growled and walked away.

***

favorite underrated youtuber?

editedddd