Chapter 2: Love in the library

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 2:

"It's my seat," I protested.

I could feel all the girls staring daggers at me for not giving into Jungkook. I glared back and then at him. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes again. I never got a chance to know what he would have said in return because the homeroom teacher interrupted.

"Sorry, Jungkook. Crystal transferred here from the US so I put her by Amber. There's a free desk on the row behind."

The only other free desk in the classroom was by the window at the back. This desk had been much coveted by everyone in the class because it was out of the teacher's view and it was possible to fall asleep undetected. Sadly Mrs Park had banned it for exactly those reasons. Jungkook appeared to be exception to her rules.

Jungkook took one last glance at me and moved away to his new seat. I could feel his stare at the back of my neck. Sitting at the back meant you had a good view of everyone. I half turned to see if it wasn't just my paranoia and discovered he was indeed staring at me.

"Crystal Kim, turn around," Mrs Park ordered sternly.

I flushed in embarrassment and swore that I could hear Jungkook laughing at me. Wonderful. He was popular enough to ruin my reputation, not that it was good in the first place. Sometimes I had nightmares from the high school kdramas I watched where the kingka turned the school against the main character. Jungkook could make that dream a reality.

The next lessons were a torture to sit through. I kept feeling like I was being stared at and I couldn't turn around to see if my overactive mind was imagining it or if he really was eyeballing me. Instead I settled for texting Amber using my textbook as a cover and asking her instead. Amber sent a reply that proved I was not paranoid.

It was a such a relief to hear the bell ring for the lunchtime break.

"Are you going to the cafeteria?" Amber asked. "You wouldn't have time to bring anything."

My stomach rumbled at exactly the right moment which Amber found hilarious.

"Come on Crystal," she said and pulled me out my seat. "Can't have you wasting away."

Going to the cafeteria turned out to be a brilliant idea because I could kill two birds with one stone. I found my brother sitting on a table at the back. He needed a talking to for making me almost late for school. Come to think of it, if I hadn't been late, I would have found out about my seat being Jungkook's before. So everything was his fault.

I yanked on a handful of his newly dyed grey hair causing him to shriek.

"Why didn't you wake me up before you left?" I demanded.

He tipped his head back to look at me.

"I forgot. Okay?" he retorted with attitude. "Can you stop bullying me in front of the new kid?"

For the first time I took note who he was sitting with. As usual Minho was there along with Hoseok and Moonbok. Then there was a new face. Again my attractive boy standards were broken again. This boy had fiery red hair parted in the middle and the most luscious pair of lips I had ever seen. His glasses emphasised his wide hazel eyes.

"I'm Crystal, Taehyung's younger sister," I greeted and bowed my head.

He bowed his head in returned. "I'm Jimin. I can't you see the similarities between you apart from your good looks."

Damn. Jimin had to be a flirt with that kind of line.

Taehyung scoffed loudly and I flicked his forehead with all my strength. I heard Amber calling my name from the queue so I turned to leave.