Chapter 8: Stalkers and Saesangs

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 8:

I rubbed my head in pain. Perhaps taking out my anger on my head was not the answer. I didn't dare look back at Jungkook. He was probably shaking with laughter right now.

"Shouldn't you have known about the drool?" Amber asked suddenly. "When we had that sleepover, it was all down the side of your face in the morning."

I shook my head. "My face was clean when I woke up..."

That was strange. My drool should have still been on my face.

"Maybe he wiped it off for you," Amber suggested.

That made the whole situation all the worse. Jungkook had wiped my drool off my face. I groaned loudly. Homeroom had better start soon so I could have a distraction.

***

Jungkook practically disappeared once the bell for lunch went and none of the fangirls really noticed. Something had been bothering me about his fanclub, they never went near him in class when they actually had a chance to. It seemed strange that the same people that would hide in bushes outside his house wouldn't take advantage of homeroom or breaks between lessons.

I waited until Amber and I were sitting down with our lunches in the cafeteria to ask.

"Why don't Jungkook's stalkers use homeroom or breaks to get close to him?"

Amber smirked at me.

"That's a very intriguing question. The answer is fangirl loyalty."

"What's that?" I questioned.

"Well, Jungkook's fanclub realised that the members in his homeroom class had too large an advantage over other members so an agreement was made that no member can go anywhere near him during homeroom or short breaks. It's open season outside of that."

All I could say to that was fangirls were very strange. Imagine needing to make that agreement. Thank god I wasn't part of that fanclub.

"Has anyone ever broken the agreement?" I enquired.

Surely some fangirl would have risked it just to talk to Jungkook.

My best friend nodded sagely.

"Sadly yes. Last year when he was in a different homeroom class one girl filmed him during a lesson. The fanclub turned on her and she had to leave this school," Amber paused. "She should have been expelled anyway for violating his privacy."

I was in full agreement. Whilst I was not overly fond of Jungkook, no one deserved a fanclub that intrusive.

"He told me that they hang outside his house as well," I added.

Amber rolled her eyes.

"They act like he's some sort of idol. No one from this school is under any entertainment companies, we're all boring. If we had an idol, his fanclub would probably give up on him."

That was true. To them Jungkook was the most attractive thing in school. I was glad it was him and not my brother. I couldn't imagine fangirls hiding outside our house.

"Enough about him," Amber said suddenly. "I'll think you actually like him if you ask anymore."

She had a point there. I stopped asking questions and focused on my gimbap. I had some acorn jelly in my bag and was looking forward to finally trying some. I had eaten the kinder eggs last night whilst doing homework.

A hand on my shoulder scuppered my plan. I tipped my head back and saw my older brother looming over me.

"Can we join you?"

I hadn't even said anything before his friends pulled up chairs and made themselves at home. Hoseok was being weird and as squealy as usual, Minho was cool and good looking as always and Moonbok was eating a homemade lunch.

"How's Rowoon?" I asked politely. Rowoon was the real daughter of the people he lived with.

"Growing fast," Moonbok said and readjusted his long hair so it wouldn't fall in his food.

Jimin arrived a few seconds later.

"Hey Crystal. Did you sleep well last night?"

If he was anyone else I would have glared at him. I restrained myself to a tight smile.

"Very well thank you."

He smiled happily and I fought back a blush. He sat down next to Taehyung and put his lunch tray down. Then he stopped and looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"I forgot to give Jungkook his lunch," he groaned. "My father leaves out a doshirak for him, he forgot it and I picked it up to give to him."

I wasn't overly concerned about the situation. I was envious of homemade lunches from parents. When my mother was alive I had a homemade lunch. Now I had to make it myself or buy it.

"Your food will get cold if you run to the roof now," Taehyung told him and scanned everyone's lunches. "There's one person here that has finished."

I looked down at my empty lunch tray. He meant me. I squirmed in my seat. Did I really have to sneak onto the roof to give Jungkook his lunch? Besides, I was very sure that the roof was out of bounds.

Jimin handed a neatly wrapped doshirak to me and smiled widely at me.

"Thanks Crystal. The door to the roof isn't really locked at the moment. Just open it and walk out onto the roof. He'll be somewhere on there."

What I really wanted to do was stand my ground and say Jungkook could starve for a few hours. Then I remembered that he hadn't been annoying last night and he had helped me out. There was also the matter of some witnesses at the table.

I picked up the box and stomped off to the roof. As promised the door was not locked and I was able to walk out onto the white paving tiles on the roof.

I had a look round and couldn't see anyone. I was about to check behind the water tank when I realised that someone was behind me.

Jungkook was sitting on the top of the entrance looking down at me.

"What are you doing here?"

***

A doshirak is like the Korean equivalent of Japanese bento.

I've just seen some clips for that James Corden show episode with BTS. The American ARMYs sound so loud!