Chapter 6: While you were asleep

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 6:

I pouted at my brother. I wanted a quiet night in not another evening of being on my best behaviour with Jungkook in the house.

"Their father's working late again," he explained. "Just put up with it. You can go to your bedroom after dinner."

That reminded me that I was planning on having ramyun and I'd had to buy some as there was none in the house.

"What are you getting for dinner? I picked up two lots of ramyun for you and me from the convenience store as you said this morning," I answered in annoyance.

Taehyung stared down at me.

"You'll have to get more then. I'll give you the money."

"Taehyung-oppa," I whined. "It's getting dark. Can't you go?"

I didn't tend to leave the house when it was dark unless I wasn't going far or someone was with me. As a matter of fact it was also a rule my father had imposed on me. Taehyung had no such restriction though. Lucky bastard.

"I can go with you," Jimin volunteered. "It's our fault for imposing."

I perked up at that. Jimin was quite friendly and he had the added bonus of not being Jungkook and didn't have an fanclub.

My brief moment of happiness was cut short by Jungkook.

"I'll go with her," he spoke up. "Didn't you two want to have a match on the xbox? You two can do that whilst we're out."

I looked at Jungkook critically. He was wearing black jeans with rips again and a plain black hoodie.

"You can come as long as you keep your hood up. I don't want your fanclub to see us again," I informed him archly. "I'm going to get changed."

I ran upstairs and stripped off my multiple layered school uniform and pulled on a plain pair of jeans and my cosiest red hoodie. No jeans with holes in for me.

Jungkook was waiting for me at the foot of the stairs with his hood already pulled over his face. At least I wouldn't have to remind him about going incognito.

"Let's go," I said.

When we stepped outside I found myself glad that I had someone with me. The sun had just set and the streetlights were on.

"How far is the convenience store?" Jungkook asked once we at the end of my street.

"Ten minutes away," I answered shortly.

He was dead if he tried to flirt with me like he had this morning. Much to my surprise he stayed silent the whole way. The walk was silent, but it didn't feel awkward and I welcomed some silence after the day I had had.

Once we reached the bright lights of the convenience store I expertly navigated my way to the ramyun section.

"Which one do you want?" I asked.

Taehyung had given us a very generous budget for ramyun. Jungkook picked his almost instantly and took another few seconds to select one for his brother.

I did a quick calculation in my head. There was money left for some sweet things. As much as I liked peaches and creams, a change would be nice. With that idea in mind I began scanning for something sweet.

I hesitated on some acorn jelly. All the popular girls at school ate this. Apparently it was good for dieting. I was naturally skinny so that sort of thing didn't matter to me. There was also an offer going on kinder eggs. I was torn between the two.