Chapter 7: Blushing Jungkook

Bad Boy In Love:

Chapter 7:

The sound of Boombayah blaring next to my ear was what woke me up the next morning. I sat up in bed feeling very disorientated and confused. I was still in my hoodie and jeans from last night yet it was morning. I got out of bed and changed my clothes.

I had fallen asleep after finishing the episode with Jungkook. I had been on the couch then. That meant that someone had carried me to my bed and tucked me in. The other person in my room had been Jungkook.

Had Jungkook tucked me into bed?

There was only one person that I could ask. I rushed downstairs after getting dressed to find Taehyung eating a bowl of cereal at the table and my father getting ready to leave for work.

"Did you see my bag?" my father asked.

It wasn't like I could ask if a boy had carried me to bed in front of my father so I had a half hearted look around so my father would leave soon and I could interrogate my brother.

The bag in question was exactly where my father had just been looking. He was unable to find anything even if it was staring him right in the face. I sighed and picked it up. The bag was half open and I caught a glimpse of a dreadfully patterned shirt inside.

Amber's words from the previous day came back to me.

I'm sure I saw him once in a hideously patterned shirt and black suit threatening a shop owner.

Could it be?

My direction of thoughts was interrupted by my father grabbing the bag off me and running towards the door.

"I'm home for dinner tonight!" he called. "We can get takeout."

"We've been living on that for over a week," Taehyung muttered.

Once the front door had closed properly I started the interrogation.

"Oppa, what happened last night?"

My brother's mournful pout morphed into a sly smile.

"Does sleeping beauty want to know how she got to bed?"

I grit my teeth. "She does want to know."

Taehyung shrugged. "It wasn't Jungkook-ah that put you to bed. It was me."

That was one load off my shoulder. Imagining Jungkook picking me up bridal style and pulling the covers over me made me feel strange.

"Last night around 10 we came upstairs to get Jungkook as they needed to go home. We found you asleep on his lap. Jungkookie-ah had no idea what to do with you so I just picked you up and dumped you in bed. Then they got picked up by car."

I was asleep on his lap? I was on his shoulder the last thing I remembered.

"You'd better have not treated me like a sack of potatoes," I narrowed my eyes at my brother.

Taehyung averted his eyes guiltily.

"Jimin said I should at least tuck you in after throwing you down."

Thank god for Jimin. He seemed to be the most decent out of the trio of boys in the house from last night.

***

As promised I was driven to school by Taehyung on his motorbike. Our arrival coincided with Jungkook's car. Normally I would have sprinted up the hill to stay away from him. However I wanted to ask him about last night.

I hung around talking to Taehyung and made my move once Jungkook was halfway up the hill and out of his fanclub's range.

"Did I fall asleep on you last night?" I asked, knowing full well that I hadn't originally.

He looked at me with innocent eyes.

"Your head fell on my shoulder. Later it slipped down onto my lap. I didn't know what to do so I waited for Jimin to come," he answered.

I distinctly remembered him placing my head on his shoulder and him patting it. At least half of what he was saying was a lie. I decided to lay a trap for him.

"What book were you reading?"

"Harry Potter, it was down the side of the couch," he answered easily and then froze.

An unexpected benefit of trapping him was finding out where my missing book had gone.

"I was still awake for the first part," I admitted. "I fell asleep after you patted my head."

Jungkook turned his face away from me and I could swear that his ears were red. Was he embarrassed? I couldn't wait to tell Amber that I had outwitted him and made him blush.

"That's what my brother would do when I was asleep," he admitted. "I just did it out of habit."

We entered homeroom together and I spotted Jisoo glaring at me so I hastily rushed towards my seat and started talking to Amber.

"You'll never guess what happened last night!" I hissed excitedly.

"Was it related to a certain bad boy?" she asked shrewdly.

I gave her a brief run down and she made appropriate noises and expressions. I had a suspicion that Jungkook in the row behind had probably worked out what we were talking about. Well, he had got himself into the situation so he could deal with it.

"You've had some eventful days since Jungkook returned," Amber observed. "Is he coming around again tonight?"

I shook my head. "Appa is home for dinner tonight so Taehyung won't invite them around."

The strange shirt in my father's bag flashed through my mind again. I shook my head, it was probably just a spare shirt in case. I wasn't going to jump to the conclusion that my father was in the mob based on a patterned shirt.

"Maybe he will come round so he can meet your father. It always good to meet the parents," she nodded sagely.

She made it sound like he was courting me and was going to ask my father for my hand in marriage.

"I told you that he likes you," she added. "He let you sleep on his lap. Knowing you, you probably drooled on him. He must really like you to put up with it."

"I don't drool!" I protested louder than I should have done.

Everyone in the vicinity shot me a puzzled look and I met eyes with Jungkook. He mouthed something at me and I managed to decipher it.

"You drooled."

I hit my head on the desk in mortification. I drooled on the lap of the most popular boy in school.

***

Sorry I couldn't resist a mic drop reference... 😊

Forgive me.

Crystal's father is Rapmon in case anyone hasn't worked it out yet.