Chapter 11: Late night encounter

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 11:

I shifted awkwardly at the thought of Father Yoongi watching everything out his window. I added binoculars to the image and felt even more awkward. It was the epitome of a nosy neighbour.

Taehyung wasn't quite as grossed out.

"So, you got Father Yoongi to keep an eye on us?"

My father nodded.

"I know you're 18 and Crystal is 17, but leaving you unsupervised for two weeks is a bit much. I was more afraid you would have wild parties whilst I was gone so thanks for not doing that."

Neither Taehyung or I knew enough people to host a wild high school party and our neighbourhood was too upper class to get away with it.

"I made friends with the new kid at school and his father working late for a few nights so I invited him and his brother here twice," Taehyung informed him. "The younger brother is in Crystal's homeroom and offered her a lift to school."

"Hmm," was my father's reply before he rapidly changed the subject. "Who wants more peaches and cream?"

***

I was going to have to check for Father Yoongi peering out his net curtains the next time Appa worked late.

My homework was finished by nine and I wasted some time on youtube before getting ready for bed. Once I was cuddled up in bedcovers I checked out my phone for something to read so I could get to sleep easier. I was still feeling too awake to try to sleep.

One online story led to another and after finishing the third one, I checked my clock and found much to my horror that it was one in the morning.

I quickly turned out my lamp and rearranged the bed covers. As I did so I realised that someone had opened the back door of the house. My window was right above the back door so I was sure of it. Cautiously, I peeked through my curtains and managed to make out the figure walking through the back garden.

It was my father and he stopped by the short picket fence that separated our garden and Father Yoongi's. I noticed another dark figure on the other side of the fence and managed to make out Father Yoongi.

What were they doing?

It looked like they were engaging in a private conversation. My mind went a very strange place. Was my father gay? I shook my head vigorously. I had read too much gay fanfiction. Father Yoongi was a priest and my father still loved my mother. It had to be something else.

To make sure it wasn't a romantic liaison, I opened my window as quietly as possible and stuck my head out as far as was safe and made sure I was covered by the curtain.

"..it's cold and I was asleep. Rapmon-ah, hurry up and tell me what you called me out for," Father Yoongi complained loudly.

Rapmon? My father's name was Namjoon, not Rapmon. Rap Monster was his rapper alter ego, not Rapmon.

...Was that a pet name?

What was I listening in on?

"Thanks for keeping an eye on the children," my father replied.

"There was something strange about those two boys that came around," Yoongi warned. "Should I do a background check on them?"

That part was making even less sense to me. Was he talking about Jungkook and Jimin? Fortunately, it was like daughter, like father as Appa asked him what I was hoping he would.

"What do you mean by 'strange'?"

"The car that the younger brother was in was very expensive and it had bulletproof glass," Yoongi explained. "It was also odd that the older brother wasn't with him."

"I see," my father said. "There's probably nothing in it. You can run a background check if you have nothing else to do."

I still had no idea what was going on between those two.

"I will," Yoongi answered bluntly.

"Keep safe, Suga-hyung," my father called out.

Another pet name?

"It's Father Yoongi now," the mysterious priest corrected. "I've mostly retired from your way of life."

It was official; I had no idea what was going on between those two.

I heard footsteps coming towards the back door and I immediately moved away from the window. I didn't really know if it was a bad thing if I got caught listening in. I might actually get an explanation. Then I remembered that there was a reason the conversation had occurred at one in the morning on either side of the garden fence.

It had to be very clandestine and top secret.

***

What was also official was that I got no sleep after going back to bed. My mind had been racing the whole time with possibilities.

Was Appa secretly training to be a priest?

Was he part of a cult that Father Yoongi used to be in?

I blamed being hooked on a recent tvN series for that theory.

Was Appa in a gang?

Was he a mobster?

My lack of sleep meant that I was in a bad mood all through breakfast and the bike ride to school. Jungkook was lucky that he arrived just before the bell otherwise I would have snapped his head off.

"Are you all right, Crystal?" Amber enquired in concern during the morning break.

I didn't know what to say to her. How you say 'my father had a secret meeting with the local priest last night who wants to run background checks on the school bad boy and his brother and they have pet names for each other'?

"I didn't get any sleep, I was worrying about something," was my safe answer.

Amber tweaked my cheeks.

"It's English next so you can have a break."

When I returned from the cafeteria at lunchtime I found something on my desk.

There were two boxes of kinder eggs and a single kinder egg resting on top of a note. I picked up the note and smiled in spite of my bad mood. It was from Jungkook.

I was going to give you two boxes anyway as an apology for yesterday. I added an extra one because you look like you need it.

-Jungkook

***

A/N: The mobster plot has arrived now.

I was so hyped today when I watched Mic Drop. The video is so beautiful and everyone looks so good in it!