Chapter 28: The Boss

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 28:

"Who are you?" Jungkook demanded.

I had been wondering the same thing. The man looked like a mobster and knew both of our names. He'd also known enough to know an area that I would be at alone. He might have also anticipated Jungkook being nearby.

Someone very well known to me got out of the car. It was my brother who was still in his school uniform.

"Crystal, Jungkook-ah, it's safe to come with Wonho-shi."

I stood frozen on the spot. My senses were telling me it was a bad idea, but Taehyung wouldn't do anything that would harm me. Then again, he was an idiot and might not be right about the lack of danger.

Taehyung saw my hesitation and held out his hand.

"Come on Crystal."

I looked at Jungkook. He was in the same state.

"Taehyung, what's going on?" I asked. "Why are you hanging out with mobsters? Does he work for Appa?"

Taehyung averted his eyes and I knew Wonho didn't work for my father. That didn't reassure me at all. There was also the knowledge that he had lied to me this morning lurking at the back of my mind, but it was secondary at the moment.

"Everything will be explained when we get there," he said with a tinge of insecurity. "Nothing bad will happen to you."

"Fine," I sighed and took Jungkook's hand. "We will go and you had better explain yourself on the way."

I got into the car next to Taehyung and Jungkook paused before sitting next to me. I noticed another man in the front seat. He was skinny and pale with an odd pair of lips. Wonho started up the car and manoeuvred it skilfully off the pavement.

"The man driving is Wonho and the other one is Hyungwon- they don't work for Appa," Taehyung whispered to me. "They don't work for his father either."

He nodded discreetly at Jungkook who was looking completely confused. He might be the only person in this affair that was ignorant of his family history.

"Who do they work for and how do you know them?" I hissed back.

"Someone that could unite them," he replied mysteriously. "I met their boss by doing some research. Jimin helped as well."

The mention of Jimin was even more puzzling. Somehow Jimin and Taehyung had teamed up to find someone that could unite our fathers. It seemed very random.  At least I now knew that Jimin did actually know everything.

"Crystal," Jungkook whispered in my ear. "I went to your house first and met your Appa. Your father knew I was coming to meet you so he should get concerned when neither of us turn up."

That did make me feel a little more relaxed. My father was on the warpath at the moment so he should realise something had gone wrong. However, would he be able to find us? I didn't even know where we were going.

The car ride lasted for twenty minutes, a lot of the time was spent waiting for traffic lights. I fought the urge to grab Jungkook and escape every time we stopped to wait at a light. The gleaming buildings we passed soon became few and far in between and the car turned into an underground garage.

"We're getting out here," Hyungwon announced once the car had stopped.

Jungkook kept hold of my hand as we were led up the stairs and into an office. An unexpected person was waiting there. It was Jimin.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Jungkook asked. "Why are we all here?"

He looked even more confused by the presence of his brother and I couldn't blame him. I only knew a little more than he did.

Jimin laid a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Jungkook-ah, I need to tell you this before you meet a certain person," he paused. "Our father is a mobster."

Jungkook pushed his hand off and stared him down.

"Appa may be an idiot, but he isn't on that side of the law."

"Jimin's telling the truth," my brother interrupted. "Our father is one as well."

I squirmed uncomfortably as Jungkook turned to look at me. He clearly wanted me to deny everything, but I couldn't.

"They're telling the truth," I told him quietly.

He stiffened and let go of my hand. I let him step away because I knew exactly how he felt.

"How long have you known about Appa?" I asked my brother curiously.

Had he found out at the same time I did and just not said anything? Or had it been much earlier? My father had definitely said that Taehyung was unaware.

"I found out soon after we came here. I saw our father at a construction site with his gang. I was surprised and then when I thought about it more, I realised that it explained a lot of things that hadn't made sense before. I didn't say anything to him because I knew he would find some way to lie about it."

Taehyung really was smarter than I had given credit for. I turned to Jimin.

"When did you find out?"

"I had thought our very abrupt stay in the US was very strange. Unlike Jungkook, I didn't just sit back and accept it. I listened into a couple of phone calls and pieced together that his attempt to get hold of his rival's territory had gone wrong and he was running away from that rival. A few more conversations gave me the names Rap Monster and Kim Namjoon," he explained. "Then we returned to Korea and you two were at school. In case you wondered, I had no idea who your father was at the beginning."

Taehyung took over.

"Jimin was strange in Busan after meeting him Appa and was very preoccupied. I asked him about it and he told me the whole story."

I nodded. They were both making sense and did sound like they were telling the truth. However, it still didn't explain why all four of us were at a mysterious location with mobsters.

"So why are we here?" Jungkook asked.

He had moved forward again and took my hand again. His forehead was dripping sweat, but he looked like he was back to reality.

Jimin and Taehyung exchanged looks and then my brother wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"We're here for you lovebirds. You won't be able to stay together if our fathers are feuding so we've brought this issue to the one person that can end it- their boss."

I opened my mouth and closed it again. They had gone to all of this trouble for Jungkook and I?

"But Appa already knows about it and doesn't mind," I blurted out.

Jimin looked like he was about to say something, but was interrupted by the door opening. Wonho stood in the doorway and cleared his throat.

"The boss is ready for you four."

I followed the group down a narrow corridor and out onto the main area of the warehouse. It was very dark and I could make out a man sitting at a chair in the shadows. As we approached I could see that he was pale and chubby. He finally spoke when we were a metre away.

"Ayo, I'm Hitman Bang."

***

A/N: Yes, I did make the final boss Bang PD.