Chapter 20: Meet and Greet

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 20:

Taehyung bounded into the living room too quickly for my father to have time to do anything. He grinned at the sight of me sitting with Appa. To his simple mind it probably seemed like a golden opportunity to introduce my father to my not-boyfriend.

"They're both here," he announced loudly to Jimin and Jungkook.

I barely had time to compose myself before Jimin ambled into the room with Jungkook lagging behind. They both bowed politely and Jungkook smiled widely at me. I didn't return the smile. I was still reeling from the idea that he might have been getting close to me deliberately.

From the tightening of my father's jaw I knew he hadn't missed the smile.

"Crystal, we missed you today," Jimin grinned. "Someone needs to keep your brother in line. Is this your father?"

I could understand the confusion. Neither me or my brother looked anything like my father. We both took after our mother.

"Appa, this is Jimin-shi and Jungkook-shi. Jimin-shi is in Taehyung's class and Jungkook-shi is in mine," I took charge of the introductions.

My father bowed his head. "Nice to meet you."

The usual introductory phrases were exchanged between the three of them. Despite the veneer of politeness, I could tell my father was still on his guard and Jungkook was nervous. Jimin was the only one unaffected.

"Crystal, you can call me oppa," he smirked.

Taehyung nudged him in the ribs. "She's your sister-in-law, stop flirting."

I was about to glare when my father dropped his teacup on the floor. Fortunately he'd mostly finished the tea so we hadn't ruined Aunt Jessica's plush carpeting. I went to pick up the shards when Jungkook stopped me.

"Put gloves on first," he said. "It's dangerous."

My father lightly pushed me to one side and picked up the pieces of the broken teacup.

"It's done now," he said. "Taehyung-ah, wrap them up and throw them away."

He deposited the pieces in Taehyung's hand and directed him to the kitchen. My brother paused for a moment, clearly not wanting to miss any of the conversation and after levelling me with a stern look, left the room.

I wanted my father to tell Taehyung the truth as well so he would stop matching Jungkook with me.

"What do you want to be after you've finished school?" my father asked Jungkook suddenly.

Jungkook snapped to attention and blinked a lot before answering.

"Not like my father- he's an idiot. Truthfully, I want to be a normal person that doesn't have stalkers."

I narrowed my eyes. It seemed like Jungkook was unaware of his father's true occupation or he was good at lying. However, his desire to escape fangirls did ring true.

"What about you?" he asked Jimin.

"...Dance teacher, I guess," Jimin replied. "I haven't given it much serious thought yet though."

I blinked. I hadn't been expecting that answer. Not that I'd had a chance to see Jimin dance though. He did seem to have the body of a dancer, but he did admittedly have oddly small hands.

"I heard about your rapping, Rap Monster," Jimin commented suddenly. "Can I hear some?"

My father froze up at the mention of 'Rap Monster'. I was puzzled and then I remembered that Father Yoongi had called him Rapmon. It was obviously his mobster alter ego. Still, it was a random thing for Jimin to mention. I glanced at him suspiciously.

"I mentioned it before," I told my father, in case he interrogated Jimin.

"Ah," he answered. "I do have one I came up with recently. 'Hey you, what's your dream? Is that all your dream is?"

I had to admit that my father was definitely a better rapper than Kang Daniel. I did take him more seriously when he rapped in Korean. His English raps were the more questionable ones like 'you the only one ever'.

"Did I miss something?" my brother asked when he walked back in. "Why are you rapping?"

"Rap Monster was just showing us his rapping," Jimin told him. "Can you rap in English?"

I winced. It was going to get embarrassing. Then I remembered that Jungkook and Jimin couldn't speak much English so they wouldn't notice anything wrong.

"Baby, watch your mouth. It come back around. Once upon a time, we learnt how to fly," was my father's response. "Go look in your mirror. Same damn clothes."

Jimin and Jungkook's reaction was to clap enthusiastically. I hadn't heard this one before myself.

"You're cooler than our Appa," Jungkook said wistfully. "All he can say in English is that he's worldwide handsome."

The moment was interrupted by my brother butting in.

"Do you approve of your father-in-law?" he questioned Jungkook.

Jungkook blushed. "He's cool."

I didn't know how to react. Jungkook wasn't acting like someone who had got close on his father's behalf. He was shy and quiet instead. He might be innocent in this case.

Twenty minutes passed before Jimin remembered that their train was due to leave soon. Those twenty minutes had been filled with rap lyrics and dance demonstrations from Jimin and Jungkook. Thankfully my father hadn't attempted to join in with the dancing.

I took my chance to talk with my father in private when Taehyung left to see them out the apartment building.

"What do you think of them? Should I be worried?" I demanded.

"Don't worry my daughter," my father assured me in English. "Jungkook doesn't know anything about his father and I."

I breathed a sigh of relief and then gave myself a mental slap. Why should I worry about Jungkook's confession being the truth?

"It's the other son I'm not so sure about," my father continued. "Are you dating Jungkook? Taehyung seems to think you are."

***

My older sister sent me a text last week saying that she'd watched the Kpop documentary by the BBC and asked 'do you know BTS?' I was really shocked by it and I don't think she knows what she's referencing. Lol. My older sister might become an ARMY...