Chapter 25: Promises

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 25:

In all honestly, I wasn't as surprised as I should have been. It hadn't really crossed my mind that someone could be watching me when I went out, but it made sense considering the situation between my father and his biggest rival.

"Was it Father Yoongi?" I asked.

My father looked up from fluffing the plushie's cheeks.

"No. He's busy in Seoul whilst I'm here. I got someone else to follow you and a different person for Taehyung."

I nodded and then remembered the kiss situation. My face started to burn. Whoever had followed me around would have seen that. Had the mystery person told my father? I was too afraid to ask.

"I was told that Jungkook was a very considerate boyfriend. I didn't get told any details," he said casually.

Was he saying that just to make me less embarrassed? I was grateful for that.

"So, he has your approval?" I asked cautiously.

My father put Ryan aside and looked sternly at me.

"He's nothing like his father and doesn't appear to be a danger. However, I will lay down some rules."

I waited expectantly. I already had strict curfew, what more could he add?

"You are not to go to his house unless your brother is with you. He cannot come to our house unless in the presence of myself or your brother. You must be home before 8."

Those rules weren't quite what I had been expecting, but I realised that they made sense. My father would be stupid if he let me go to Jin's house alone considering their rivalry.

***

We were seen off at the station by my aunt and Daniel. My aunt looked slightly relieved to be rid of Taehyung as he had dwindled her collection of tea significantly and I had been using up her luxury face masks. Daniel was sadder and looked like a lost puppy when he said good bye.

"Let me know how it goes with you and Jungkook," he requested earnestly. "If I don't see you before I debut, please support me."

"I'll buy your album whenever it comes out," I assured him. "If you go on a survival program, I'll make sure to vote for you."

He smiled warmly and Taehyung sent me a suspicious look. I elected to shake his hand and wish him luck before my brother could do anything else.

The train was packed due to the fact it was a weekend. Fortunately, it was early in the morning and we had reserved a table.

"What were you promising Kang Daniel?" my brother demanded the minute we sat down. "Don't think I didn't see you checking out his abs that time."

My father looked raised an eyebrow and gave me a stern look over his book.

"How many boys are you involved with?"

"Just one," I protested.

Trust Taehyung to phrase it like I was a player.

"I'm going to be home on time for most of the year so I will know," my father warned. "As for you, Taehyung, stop trying to get your sister into trouble. You're supposed to look after her not grass on her."

I looked at my brother triumphantly and he sneered in return before pulling me into a hug.

"Of course, I'll look after Crystal," he promised. "She's just too fun to tease."

I squirmed in his grip and reached round to give him an awkward pat on the back. My brother was irritating but he did look after me.

***

The next few days felt odd. In some ways it was like we had never left for two weeks, but the presence of my father in the evenings and the strange looks Amber gave me were a reminder of my newfound knowledge. Seeing Jungkook everyday was another reminder.

We were keeping our newfound relationship quiet. Firstly, I didn't want to get harassed by his fan girls and secondly, I didn't want anyone else to know anyway. I didn't like people knowing my secrets. The only person at school who knew was my older brother and he was impressing me by keeping it quiet.

I sat down at my brother's table next to Amber. It was the usual group of my brother, Minho, Moonbok, Hoseok and Jimin. Jungkook was alone on the roof and was sending me regular texts about how he missed me.

Hoseok leaned over to offer me a chocolate and I nearly dropped my phone in surprise. I didn't have much experience with sending discreet texts. My phone had been angled away under the table to hide the screen from Amber who was next to me and Jimin on the other side. It was proving to be difficult to text and keep it secret.

I accepted the chocolate and squinted at the wrapping.

"Isn't this really expensive?" I asked.

Hoseok grinned at me showing his cheekbones.

"I got a part-time job that pays well."

I stared at him curiously. He didn't look too exhausted. Any final year students with part-time jobs had dark circles under their eyes and were usually sleeping on the table at lunchtime.

"How do you have the time?" Amber asked.

"It's got flexible hours," he answered.

Moonbok flicked his hair back and leaned closer to Hoseok.

"Can you get me in? I need money for the hair salon."

Hoseok looked suddenly nervous and glanced at me and then back at Moonbok.

"I was scouted personally so I can't."

There was another nervous glance my way or was it Jimin?

***

As promised my father was home for dinner and served up kimchi fried rice as there wasn't much food in the fridge. We didn't even have peaches and cream for dessert. My father promised that he would get a home delivery so we wouldn't starve the next day. Personally,  I was more worried about what to eat for breakfast than dinner which was a full 24 hours away. In the end I saved the leftover kimchi fried rice in a container and put it in the fridge. It wasn't perfect, but I wasn't getting up earlier to buy breakfast.

I knocked on the door of the study around 10pm to tell my father I was going to bed. I didn't get an answer, but I went in anyway. My father wasn't there and I realised I could hear the coffeemaker in the kitchen. I turned to go and noticed something.

There was a cheque on the table by the door for Jung Hoseok. My mind added all the points together. My father was employing Hoseok for something and it was related to myself or Jimin.