Chapter 3: Peaches and Cream

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 3:

We stared at each silently for what felt like the longest minute of my life. Jungkook was the one to break the silence.

"I guess our brothers are friends?"

Of course. Jungkook had to be Jimin's brother. It seemed like I  wouldn't be able to close the door on him. Not that I couldn't try. I was about to slam the door closed when Jimin spoke from behind me.

"You got here faster than I thought. Come in."

That left me with no choice but to let him in. Jungkook took off his skate shoes and followed his brother down the hallway. So far he hadn't teased me yet. Maybe he liked to act well behaved in front of his brother. I wouldn't put it past him.

Jungkook settled himself next to Jimin on the couch whilst Taehyung turned on the xbox. I eyed Jungkook critically. Now he wasn't in his school uniform I could judge his taste his fashion properly. He was wearing a red and black striped sweater and black skinny jeans. It made me think of a horror film.

The fried chicken arrived five minutes into Taehyung and Jimin's game. I had been staring out the window to wait for the delivery and to avoid eye contact with Jungkook. Unfortunately I ended sitting opposite him at the table.

"Where are your parents then?" Jimin asked Taehyung. "Our Appa is out late."

"Work," I replied shortly. "We don't have an mother."

The atmosphere would have turned awkward if Jimin hadn't responded with the same answer.

"We don't have one either."

We didn't talk again until the fried chicken was all gone. I wiped my hands on a wet wipe and glared at Jungkook when he asked for one as well. Taehyung poked my arm and handed him one instead.

"Stop being mean to him just because you had to share chicken with him."

"What's for dessert?" I asked to distract him.

"The usual," he said cryptically.

"I'll get the peaches and cream then," I sighed.

My father had a stockpile of tinned peaches taking up an entire kitchen cupboard and the fridge always had at least one pot of cream. Desserts were not his strong suit.

"Sweeter than sweet," he called after me in English.

"Chocolate cheeks and chocolate wings," I replied.

"What does that mean?" I heard Jimin ask.

"Our father thinks he's a rapper," was Taehyung's reply. "That's not his worst one either."

I returned a few minutes later with four bowls of peaches and cream. I handed the one with the most peaches to Jimin politely and put the one with the least peaches in front of Jungkook.

"Our father wants to have a cooking show called 'Cooking with Jin," Jungkook answered. "He's a middle aged businessman that works in an office.

Taehyung and I exchanged looks, silently asking each other if  we should reveal something.

"Our father wants to be a rapper called 'Rap Monster'. He's a middle aged business man that works in an office as well," Taehyung said.

"He tests his raps on us," I said darkly.

We all shared a collective shudder and the conversation turned into us  sharing our worst experiences with our fathers. I almost forgot that I didn't like Jungkook until he mentioned my name.

"Has your rapper father affected your sister's manners, Taehyung-hyung?" Jungkook enquired.

He went fast from Taehyung-shi to Taehyung-hyung, I observed. Whatever he was implying wasn't good for me. Deep inside I knew what was coming.

"I was innocently being driven to school," Jungkook started and wriggled an eyebrow in my direction.

Shit. He had probably seen me run with a slice of undercooked toast in my mouth. However there was worse to come.

"She wasn't looking where she was going and the driver nearly hit her. Instead of apologizing she put her middle finger up."

Taehyung gasped loudly and turned on me.

"Did you really? How dare you swear at Jungkookie-ah."

Fuck. Taehyung had turned into a Jungkook fan very quickly.

"Sorry, I was just in a panic and I reacted in the wrong way," I bowed my head at Jungkook.

He smiled cutely at me. "Crystal, it's fine."

If I hadn't known how much of a dickhead he was, I would have found the smile adorable. Unfortunately for him I didn't and I didn't fail to notice the lack of an honorific.

"So I'm just Crystal?"

That garnered another sickly sweet smile.

"I've spent too long in the US. I keep forgetting to use honorifics."

I glared suspiciously at him. He had no problem with using honorifics for Taehyung and Jimin so it clearly was a lie.

"For swearing you can walk to school by yourself," Taehyung said much to my horror.

Most of the time Taehyung let me ride on his motorbike to school because of how far away we lived. Salvation came from an unexpected place.

"Jungkook can give you a lift," Jimin said unexpectedly.

I stared at him in even more horror. Ever since Jungkook had arrived in the morning my life had become worse. Walking to school was better than spending time in a car with Jungkook.

"It's okay, I need the exercise," I laughed weakly.

The offer was never mentioned again and I breathed a sigh of relief when Jungkook and Jimin finally left around 10. Thankfully Jungkook had stopped teasing me after grassing on me for swearing and I had started to find him less annoying.

-

The following day started well, I got up on time and ate breakfast well and packed lunch with plenty of snacks. There was another note on the table from my father saying that he would be late again. Taehyung waved me off cheerfully when I left the house.

Then I walked out the gate and found a familiar black car waiting for me. I recognized it immediately as the one that had nearly hit me the day before. The passenger door opened and Jungkook stuck his head out.

"Need a lift to school?"

***

A/N: I haven't been very well so it's been a week since the last update. :( 

Jungkook's sweater looks like this in case no one recognized it:

It always makes me think of Freddy Krueger. Does anyone else get that?