Chapter 30: Final Hurdle

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 30:

There turned out to be an issue over going home. We all left the warehouse together happily enough, but when it came to splitting up Jungkook wanted to go with us and Jimin wanted to stay with Taehyung which left Jin alone with Father Yoongi.

"You two can't leave me now," he complained. "I was going to cook something special. Don't you know that Namjoon can only cook two things? I wanted to have a party. Crystal, you can come as well."

I wasn't sure what to say to that offer. It was tempting. My father was very limited in what he could cook and I wouldn't mind something homemade and decent.

Father Yoongi cleared his throat which made Jin flinch.

"Just come round my house and have lamb skewers. I've perfected them well."

Just as I predicted Jungkook perked up and raised his hand.

"I'm going with Suga," he announced. "Crystal?"

"I'll go," I agreed.

I was keen to try lamb skewers and Father Yoongi didn't look like he was lying about being good at making them.

There was a chorus of agreements and eventually Jin was left.

"Fine," he said. "Where does Suga live?"

"I'll drive your car," Father Yoongi answered and managed to get into the driver's side before Jin could protest.

***

Somehow we all arrived at Father Yoongi's house unscathed. The atmosphere had been fine in our car, but Jin was sullen when he got out of his car. The priest let us in and led us to the kitchen which was mostly the same as the one in my house next door.

"Namjoon and Seokjin," he said casually. "Go find the skewer sticks and the lamb. The rest of you can wash lettuce while I get changed."

I was surprised at how easily he used their first names, but they did as they were told without protesting. Taehyung declared himself in charge of arranging the seating in the dining room and Jimin said he would be moral support.

I sighed and started raiding the fridge for the lettuce. The two mob leaders had already found the lamb and had the chopping boards out.

"Namjoon-ah!" Jin shrieked suddenly. "Don't cut it like that."

I peered around Jin's wide shoulders and saw that that he was cutting the lamb into tiny pieces. Jin deftly moved the pieces out the way and told him where to cut. I was glad someone was giving my father a cooking lesson.

"Don't you think those two are getting on oddly well?" Jungkook whispered to me five minutes later.

I looked over to see Jin peacefully chopping lamb and my father putting the chunks onto the skewers. There hadn't been a proper disagreement since outside the warehouse.

"They get on well when it's not business related," Father Yoongi said from behind us.

I turned to see him dressed in a way that was more familiar to me. He was in his priest robes and his hair was now flat and tidy.

"Do you think they could become best friends?" I asked curiously.

I would have never dreamed of asking that question five minutes ago, but now it looked like there could be a chance.

"Not best friends, perhaps casual friends," Father Yoongi answered.

I pouted in disappointment. Admittedly anything was better than them being sworn enemies, however I would like them to be closer.