Chapter 10: Detective RM

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 10:

I was about to turn back and question Jungkook about what he meant about liking me. Then he said something that completely distracted me.

"You're lucky I like you enough to wipe your drool off with my handkerchief. If this was a manhwa I would give it to you to handwash and iron," he smirked at me.

It kind of seemed like we had read the same manhwa. The annoyed part of me disliked the smirk and snide comment.

"Remind me to never give you food again," I snapped and rushed down the corridor so I could get to the classroom before him.

***

I waited until lessons were over to tell Amber everything that had transpired at lunchtime. I could tell that she had been waiting for some gossip.

"Boys can be dicks at this age," she sighed.

By this time we were outside the school gates. Luckily Amber didn't need to visit the library again, Jungkook had annoyed me enough today.

"What do you think it means?" I asked.

If Amber couldn't explain Jungkook's behaviour to me I didn't know who could. I couldn't exactly ask Taehyung or my father.

"Remember some boys think that the way to get the attention of the girl they like is to annoy them."

"That's true for elementary school," I retorted. "We're in high school."

"Alternatively having rabid fangirls had caused him to misjudge how to treat the girl he likes?" was the next explanation Amber offered up.

She might have something there. Out of the two suggestions the second sounded more plausible.

"Just ignore anything he says about liking you until you're sure that he's teasing you for more than teasing," she advised.

She turned into the bus shelter and we split up there. Amber lived far enough from school to need to take the bus.

I put my earphones in so I could occupy myself on the way home. For a moment I was reminded of Jungkook offering me his. I shook my head. Teenage boys were an enigma that I didn't know how to solve. One minute they were decent, the next they were teasing you immaturely.

I remined myself that he wasn't going to be waiting for me at home this time and I walked happily home.

I was nearly home when I saw our next door neighbour walk past me. We lived next to the pastor of the nearest church.

"Hello, Father Yoongi," I greeted politely with my head bowed. "How are you?"

Father Yoongi was around my father's age and had been around a few times for dinner. They had been awkward dinnertimes to sit through. All of Taehyung and my attempts to involve him in conversation had been swiftly aborted by sharp comments from him.

He hadn't changed a bit. Yoongi nodded at me.

"Fine thank you," he replied and carried on walking.

I stared after him curiously. One of his black pant legs was rolled up just like a high school delinquent. Another strange thing was that he wasn't wearing his priest clothes like he normally was. Was that allowed?

I had no idea on matters like this. We didn't attend church apart from Christmas services once a year and that had been in the US. It wasn't something worth bothering about and I continued on to my house.

Taehyung was in his natural habitat when I found him. By natural habitat I meant he was on the sofa playing the xbox dressed in his Gucci pyjamas. His goddamn hideous furry Gucci slippers were on the floor next to the sofa.

"Did you have fun with Jungkook?" he teased.

Instead of replying I threw a cushion at him and went upstairs to my room. I had homework to do and if Taehyung teased me again I would probably end up threatening to set his Gucci on fire. My brother was rather attached to the Gucci pyjamas and slippers he had received for Christmas from my father. He was a sucker for anything with Gucci on. Luckily he couldn't afford most of it.

***

My father arrived home from work an hour later and started making dinner. It felt strange to have an evening meal that wasn't takeout. The last two weeks had been nothing but that.

When I came downstairs for dinner I found that he had made Korean knife noodles. Knife noodles were his favourite food and fortunately he was good at making them. Some of his other culinary creations were questionable in quality.

"Smells good," I said as Taehyung walked in.

My father turned to face me and smiled at me.

"Thanks. It should be better than the instant noodles and takeout you two have been living on."

It took me a moment to realise that he probably knew exactly what we had eaten because he'd looked through the trash. He usually arrived sometime around midnight when we were in bed so we hadn't really talked him properly for a fortnight.

He asked about our schoolwork and gave us advice on exam revision. I nodded politely throughout. Every teacher had their own spiel and his was pretty much useless. Neither of us were as clever as him.

It turned out that he had been waiting to say something and he revealed after we had finished the peaches and cream.

"I know from the four portions of fried chicken and ramyun that two other people have been here recently. Father Yoongi told me that he had seen two teenage boys come in here and leave at late at night," he informed us. "Crystal, you were seen getting into a car with one of them as well. Who are they?"

***

A/N: I've seen all the stuff from the AMAs and I feel so proud to be an ARMY right now.