Chapter 29: Audition

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 29:

I wasn't sure what I had been expecting from my father's boss, but it wasn't a chubby man with cringy English.

None of us knew how to reply to that line so I bowed my head instead. He was of course my father's employer, regardless of criminal class. The other three followed suit.

"You two are lucky to take after your mother in looks," Hitman Bang said to Taehyung and me. "You two as well even if your father thinks he's handsome."

"What do you think of my sister and Jeon Jungkook together?" Taehyung asked in a roundabout manner. "We were hoping you could solve our issue for us."

I felt like I was being subjected to a test that I knew nothing about as Hitman Bang looked at me and then at Jungkook.

"It could work out," was all he said.

Was that a compliment? I wasn't sure. Hitman Bang continued speaking.

"How am I supposed to help you with your siblings' relationships issues?" he asked Taehyung and Jimin. "I might be your fathers' boss, but I am not a relationship expert."

"They might be together now, but in the long run our fathers won't want our families linked," Jimin explained. "Can you merge their territories to lessen the feud?"

Hitman Bang stoked his white chin.

"No, I keep all my territories around the same size to keep things neutral. Even if I did do it, succession would be practically impossible and unfair to the other leaders in future."

I could follow his line of thought, he was correct. It wouldn't work when they had to step down. Was this all Jimin and Taehyung planned up to? I cleared my throat.

"Can you prevent Jin from trying to take my father's territory? That's where a lot of the antagonism is from?" I requested.

Hitman Bang nodded slowly.

"I've been wanting to talk to Jin about that, but your father managed to resolve it without my help."

"He thinks Jin will try it again," I replied.

"He will, he's very antagonising," he agreed. "Give me a moment to think about it."

He snapped his fingers and Wonho and Hyungwon reappeared from the shadows and led us off to the office again. Once they had disappeared, Taehyung gave me a thumbs up.

"You're good at negotiating."

I glared at him. I had planned to stand there with my mouth shut, considering I had been dragged here and Hitman Bang was a powerful criminal. Taehyung's poor attempts at negotiation had made me blurt out.

"Only because you were so bad. Was your plan just to get here and ask politely?"

Taehyung looked hurt by the assumption. Jimin shook his head at me.

"Crystal, don't be too mean. We're doing this for you and Jungkook."

"It benefits you two as well," Jungkook spoke up. "I'm proud of Crystal for standing up to Hitman Bang."

I smiled at him despite the seriousness of the situation. It was nice to hear that he had faith in me. He pulled me in for a hug and I let myself briefly forget everything that was going on.

"Do you think he'll agree to anything?" Jimin asked Taehyung. "It took us a lot to get the chance to meet him, we can't waste it."

"He'd better," my brother said darkly.