Chapter 22: Date Arrangements

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 22:

I felt like I wanted to disappear after I confessed that. I hid my face with my pillow whilst I squirmed in embarrassment. If Taehyung was here, I would have hit him to get rid of my embarrassment.

"Really?" Jungkook sounded happy.

"...Really," I mumbled.

Hearing his confession and knowing how happy he was by my reply made me feel warm inside.

"I didn't think you liked me," he admitted. "I wanted to tell you anyway in case you move away forever."

I understood his hesitation. I hadn't exactly been the kindest to him. Then again, we hadn't met in the best circumstances and his fanclub hadn't warmed me to him.

"Well, you know now," I replied.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Jungkook requested shyly.

When he said that I realised that there was more at play than just us confessing to each other. If his fanclub realised we were dating, they would be out for my blood. There was also the minor matter of our fathers being rival mobsters.

Then again, Jin hadn't seemed to hate me and my father hadn't exactly said that I could never date Jungkook. It would be the best if we kept everything a secret between us.

"Sure," I said. "Can we keep everything a secret though?"

"I was going to do that anyway. Appa would never stop teasing me," he paused. "You might want to tell your brother. He's been my biggest supporter..."

I groaned, but I knew he was right. He would continue glaring at me if I ever spoke to another boy and harass me to reply to Jungkook if I didn't tell him. I guess I kind of owed him as well. This conversation wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for him.

"If you say so. When should we meet? You have school this week," I pointed out.

"That's true," he agreed. "I forgot- I was too excited to think about it properly. Unless you move back during the week, I can come to Busan at the weekend to see you."

We made arrangements to meet at the train station on Saturday afternoon and there was a wide smile on my face as I ended the call. It was all starting to sink in.

I had a boyfriend.

He was the most popular boy in school and had a fanclub. I only had one friend and a strange brother yet he'd asked me out.

I put the mobster issue to the back of my mind. That wasn't my issue to deal with. It was between Rapmon and Jin.

My next task was to inform my brother so he would leave me alone. I stood outside his door and was about to knock when I heard his voice. I put my ear to the door cautiously in case he was talking to someone on the phone and heard him rapping instead.

I opened the door to find him sitting at the desk, rapping into his phone. He fell off the chair when he saw me standing in the doorway.

"Crystal!" he gasped. "You should have knocked."

"You're still secretly a wannabe rapper?" I asked and leaned against the doorframe. "I'm dating Jungkook now."

I had never seen him pick himself up the floor so fast. He was by my side in a second.

"For real?" he demanded and grasped my hands. "I'm so happy for both of you!"

His enthusiasm was quite overpowering. I would have never predicted that he would take such an interest in my love life.

"Yes. Why are you his biggest supporter anyway?" I asked curiously.

He smiled smugly and looked pleased with himself like that cat that got the cream.

"I'm good at matchmaking. I knew you two would be perfect each other once you stopped being in denial."

I flushed. Had everything been clear to him? I might have to give him credit for being observant. Then I remembered that he had no idea about the mobster matter and shook my head. He was still pretty dumb.

"Thanks, I guess," I said awkwardly.

He ruffled my hair.

"No problem," he grinned and then frowned. "Do I have to keep it a secret?"

"Of course."

He pouted with wide eyes, a manipulation technique of his that I had become immune to over the years.

"Can't I tell Jimin?"

"No!"

It came out more forcefully than I had intended. Taehyung gave me a sharp look and then shrugged.

"If you say so. I won't tell him."

***

The next week passed fairly slowly. I didn't hear much from my father, just a few texts saying that he hadn't made any progress. We were sent work to do from school and I went shopping with Taehyung and to the beach with Kang Daniel a few times.

Then Saturday came and I stood waiting at the entrance of the train station in my cutest outfit. It felt like an age had passed before Jungkook finally appeared at the top of the steps. His face burst into smile when he saw me.

I waved self-consciously as he walked down the steps. It was odd to see him after that confession between us. We'd texted a lot over the week about school gossip and food.

"Hi," I said, thankfully without stuttering.

"Hi," he said with a blush on his face. "Are you ready for our date?"

***

A/N: Mic Drop finally sold enough to get gold certification. I can't say it's my favourite BTS song, but I hope it does even better in the future.

I was going to put a gif in here of my favourite part in the video, but it's apparently too big for wattpad. 

I hope everyone reading this likes the new cover. I'm also going to edit the summary before the next chapter comes out.