Chapter 17: Love Confession

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 17:

The two of them were dressed for the beach and weren't in their school uniform. Today would have been a half day at school as it was a Saturday. It was late enough in the day to believe they had just got here. I guess they must have taken the KTX to get here so fast.

"Did you tell them we are here?" I asked Taehyung.

There was no way that those two would have come here to the same beach as us and at the same time of their own accord. My brother must have something to do with it. Clearly my father hadn't given him the same warning that he had decreed to me.

My brother shrugged unhelpfully.

"I texted Jimin a few hours ago to say we were staying in Busan and might have to change schools," he said. "I texted again an hour ago to mention Daniel and I spotted them a moment ago."

Jimin had to really like my brother to come to Busan that quickly. I glanced at Daniel who was looking at us in a confused manner and realised that we were leaving him out.

"Taehyung's friends are coming to sit with us," I told him and sat down next to him. "The younger brother is our age. He's in my homeroom class and he has a fanclub."

Daniel didn't get a chance to reply as Jungkook and Jimin arrived and sat themselves down. Jungkook squeezed in between me and Daniel much to my annoyance.

"Hi Crystal," he smiled somewhat adorably.

"Hi," I said in a flat voice. "Daniel, this is Jeon Jungkook. He's the boy I was just talking about."

Daniel bowed his head and smiled politely at Jungkook. He clearly had manners unlike the person between us. Jungkook inclined his head slightly and continued talking to me.

"What were you saying about me?" he asked eagerly, looking like a very keen bunny rabbit staring at a carrot.

"I just mentioned your fanclub."

Jungkook pouted. Perhaps he had been wanting me to say something nicer. Daniel took the lack of interaction from Jungkook in his stride.

"I have a few fans in my homeroom class because I'm an idol trainee," he informed me. "They don't stalk me or anything like that. They just ask to see what I've learnt and tell me I'm doing well."

I didn't fail to notice the envious look from Jungkook. He probably wished that his fanclub was more like that.

"That's sweet," I commented. "Are you anywhere near to debuting?"

Daniel shook his head cutely and I saw a flash of his bunny teeth. His bunny teeth were the thing I really remembered from my Korean childhood.

"I've only just started training, there's still a long way to go."

Jungkook cleared his throat loudly.

"I brought you a present, Crystal."

If it was that box of Kinder eggs I caught him with... I know I like Kinder eggs, but I was still getting through the other boxes. There's only so much chocolate you can eat in one day.

He produced a pack of acorn jelly from his pocket. I remembered our visit to the convenience store a few days ago and smiled. He must have been paying more attention than I had thought.

"Thanks," I said. "Our aunt packed some snacks for us."

As I unpacked the bags I remembered that my father's worry was more Jungkook's father rather than his sons.

"Did you two come alone?" I enquired casually.

"It's just us two. We're staying with an uncle for the weekend," Jimin spoke up. "Dad was out the house pretty early this morning so he probably doesn't know we've come here. I left him a note so he'll definitely know this evening."

"He knows," Jungkook argued. "I just got a text saying to stay safe and be back in time for school. He must have come home."

For a wild moment I was reminded of Father Yoongi keeping an eye on Taehyung and I whilst our father was away. Maybe those two had an equivalent.

Was my father even a mobster?

I didn't know what was going on anymore.

"Crystal?" Daniel asked in concern. "You look out of it."

"She's fine," Jungkook answered for me. "She's just hungry."

He passed me the bag of honey butter chips and I delved in. Come to think of it, most of my current problems were caused by Jungkook. If he hadn't returned to Korea, I wouldn't be in Busan right now. I shot him an evil look whilst I ate the chips.

Taehyung and Jimin mostly talked between themselves which I was glad for as I wasn't in the mood to be sociable. Daniel attempted to talk to Jungkook and soon gave up. The next hour passed slowly for me. I had envisioned this afternoon as being a calming trip to the beach and a chance to catch up with a childhood friend. Thanks to Taehyung's big mouth, I was now regretting stepping outside.

"We have to leave now," Taehyung said once 5pm rolled around. "Aunt Jessica is scary when she's angry. She might confiscate my Gucci."

I wish she would. Daniel helped me pack up the blanket and remaining snacks. His shirt lifted up again and I half smiled at the sight of his abs. This time it was Jungkook that glared at me. I wondered why and then I remembered that he had offered me a chance to look at his abs a few days ago and I'd shot the offer down immediately.

***

A few hours later I was in the middle of my evening facial routine when my phone buzzed. I groaned as I had just put on a luxury face mask that my aunt had given me and I couldn't move without it falling off. I stretched out my arm and managed to pick my phone off my bed to read the text.

Meet me outside. Please.

Jungkook

That was odd. I had never give him my number. I considered the likely source of the leak and knew it was my brother.

My curiosity got the better of me and I peeled off the mask so I could go outside. When I came back, I was going to Taehyung a lecture about privacy.

Jungkook was indeed waiting for me outside the front door. His face burst into a smile when he saw me come out.

"I wasn't sure if you would come," he said. "You were in a bad mood earlier."

I raised my eyebrows.

"It's cold so can you tell me what you came for," I requested.

Jungkook's reply was something I never could have predicted.

"I think I like you."

***

I hope everyone had a good new year. I livestreamed the MBC gayo and I loved the GoGo performance. The parts with the hearts were adorable.