Chapter 18: Confession Aftermath

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 18:

My mouth opened and closed like a fish. I had never genuinely considered that Jungkook liked me as more than a person that was convenient to tease. It was quite a shock to my senses and I had no idea how to respond.

"I'm not joking," Jungkook assured me after a minute of deafening silence.

When he confirmed that I felt even less at ease. Amber had teased me about him liking me, but I had never been able to take her seriously.

Did I like him?

He was unmistakeably attractive and he was less annoying than he'd been before. Those two things didn't mean that I had to like him back.

Even if I was sure that I liked him back there was still the background problem that was slowly seeping into the foreground. Was his father really a mobster that my father didn't get on with?

Jungkook stared at me and then pouted unhappily.

"You don't have to answer me now and I won't make things awkward for you in the meantime," he said. "You can tell me anytime."

He turned around and walked away from me. I waited until he disappeared around the corner to let my breath out. Was this a dream? The butterfly feeling in my stomach said no, but I pinched myself hard anyway.

It wasn't a dream.

I turned to go back into my aunt's apartment and hesitated. Taehyung had probably known about the love confession if he'd given Jungkook my phone number so willingly. I didn't want to see him yet.

I heard a door open nearby and steeled myself to smile at whichever neighbour was leaving their apartment.

"Crystal, I was coming around to invite you over," a familiar voice called out.

Daniel stuck his head out his door and motioned for me to come in. I followed him in after a moment of indecision. Talking to Daniel would be a welcome distraction from everything.

"What did you want to see me for?" I asked curiously after I had been reintroduced to his parents who had known me as a child.

"I have a special talent evaluation at my record label today," he explained. "I've come up with something and I wanted your opinion."

As he spoke he led me to his bedroom which was fairly neat for a teenage boy and motioned for me to turn around. I heard his closet open and close and the sound of fabric.

"I'm ready now," he announced and I saw why he needed a second opinion.

He was dressed in a Harry Potter cosplay cape which must have come with a plastic wand. I stared at him curiously. How was this showing talent?

"Hello everyone, my name is Daniel Kang," he said in English with an attempt at an English accent.

I smiled at his effort. He'd probably spent a lot of time trying to perfect the accent. Then he continued on in English.

"My concept is Gryffindor in Harry Pott so I'm trying to speak British accent."

I was now even more unsure where he was going with this concept never mind the mistakes. Thankfully he switched back to Korean.

"I want to be your magic person," he winked and then started rapping into the wand.

I clapped when he had finished. I didn't know much about rapping and he seemed to be decent.

"What do you think?" he asked cheerfully.

"I wasn't expecting any of that," I said truthfully. "There's a few mistakes in your English I can help you with."

He beamed at me adorably and I smiled back. It was easy to smile and relax with Daniel. Jungkook made me feel on edge most of the time. I was now even more unsure how to respond to his confession. If I did like him, would I be comfortable spending time with him?

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked in concern, jerking me out my inner monologue. "You're spacing out."

"I'm fine," I said automatically.

"Is it anything to do with that Jungkook?" he enquired. "He obviously likes you, but doesn't know how to respond to it."

How come everyone knew about it? I didn't notice anything.

"He confessed to me about 10 minutes ago," I admitted.

Daniel patted me on the back and grinned.

"I didn't expect him to have the guts," he paused. "How do you feel about him?"

I decided to spill everything to Daniel. He wouldn't tell anyone and he had an outsider's perspective.

"I have mixed feelings. He wasn't nice to me when we first met and now he is. I still feel like he's teasing me. Even if I date him, he has a rabid pack of fangirls that will want me gone. I don't know what's going on with my family," I ranted. "I don't know what to do."

Daniel nodded.

"I understand. I think you need to get one trouble over with before you make a decision. Why are you suddenly in Busan?"

I knew what I had to do. I gave him a vague answer mainly because I didn't know myself and returned to my aunt's apartment. My brother was thankfully not to be seen so I didn't have to throw anything at him.

I took out my phone and dialled my father's number. I wanted the truth.

***

I'm really sorry about not updating before. I had some Art coursework due in this week which meant I didn't have much free time. Wattpad also keeps going down on me.