Chapter 12: Jungkook's house

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 12:

In my opinion gifting me kinder eggs wasn't quite enough to improve my opinion of Jungkook, but it did help. It did improve my bad mood though. Amber saw the note and spent the rest of the afternoon teasing me about being easily bribed.

After school Amber and I left the classroom together like we usually did. Jungkook sped past us with his fanclub on his heels. That appeared to be his normal routine. I briefly wondered if he was going to the library again.

The first departure from the normal routine occurred when we encountered Jimin and Taehyung at the end of the corridor. Neither of them had classes nearby as they were in the year above.

"Crystal, we were coming to meet you," Taehyung said. "Jimin has invited us round to his house."

I felt caught off guard by this. I hadn't expected this to happen. My plan had been to walk home and think about what I should do about Appa.

"What about dinner?"

Food was always a concern for me. Right now it was a little lower than usual though.

"Jimin said they were getting some luxury sushi," Taehyung told me and Jimin nodded. "Jungkook will probably be all right with some company at dinner- we haven't asked him yet."

"Please come," Jimin added with a wide toothy smile.

It was hard to say no to that face and to luxury sushi. Then I remembered that Jimin was Jungkook's brother and Jungkook would be there by default. Taehyung wasn't very good back up as he had proved when Jungkook had been teasing me the other night. I needed someone else that I could trust. I glanced at my best friend.

"Can my friend Amber come as well? I don't want to be in a house full of boys by myself," I said.

Jimin nodded. "I hadn't thought of that. Amber-shi can come as well. I think Jungkook mentioned her a while ago as being one of the few girls that doesn't swoon over him."

***

We made special arrangements after I pointed out that it would be too obvious what was going on if we all got into the car with Jungkook in front of his fanclub. Instead Taehyung and Jimin were going by bike and Amber and I were taking the bus to her house and then walking. As it turned out Amber didn't live too far from Jungkook.

This gave me the chance to finally tell Amber about last night. I told her everything whilst we were waiting at the bus stop.

Her reaction was to raise an eyebrow at me.

"I told you he was a mobster. Everything that you just told me proves it."

"Surely there's another explanation," I argued back.

Amber looked at me pityingly.

"Crystal, I've seen him myself, you've seen a mobster shirt in his bag, he has secret conversations with your neighbour at the dead of night mentioning background checks, he's suspiciously well off for someone working an office job. Clearly Father Yoongi used to be in his gang and retired."

It was hard to refute what she said when she listed it like that. I couldn't think of an alternative explanation myself.

"What should I do now?" I asked.

I didn't have any physical proof that he was a mobster.

Amber sighed. "You can investigate more or you can confront him. He might tell you the truth or fob you off by saying you don't have any evidence."

For a brief moment I visualised telling my father that I knew he was a mobster in his office at home. I could not see him admitting to it for a second. In addition he would probably ground me permanently and cut me off from kinder eggs.

"I'll investigate instead," I decided.

"Wise choice," Amber said. "The bus is here."

I looked in the distance and managed to make out the outline of the bus with difficulty. People that took the bus regularly must develop bus spotting powers.

We got on the bus and we paid using our bus passes. I focused my attention on looking for a good seat and locked eyes with someone I had just be talking about.

Father Yoongi was on the bus.

I nudged Amber as we walked past.

"It's Father Yoongi."

Amber checked him out discreetly and delivered her opinion in a very Amber like manner.

"Definitely a former mobster," she nodded sagely like she was an expert. "I'm even more sure your father runs a gang in Seoul."

***

My first observation about Jungkook and Jimin's house was that their father made a lot more money than my father did regardless of his possible criminal occupation. It had a small front garden and it thankfully had a gate. I caught sight of the bushes that Jungkook claimed that fangirls hid behind. He was lucky that the house had a keypad locked gate to keep the fangirls out.

Jimin let us in and I let out a gasp at the interior unintentionally. It was like a chaebol house from a kdrama. I was always up to date on my drama watching as they had been my main gateway into Korean culture when I had lived in the US.

"Jungkook will be home soon and I've told Appa where we are," Taehyung told me. "He made me promise to be back before 9."

That meant that Jungkook must have gone the library again. Or he was somewhere else stocking up on kinder eggs to placate people with.

Jimin showed us to the living room, brought us drinks and then excused himself to go to the toilet. From Taehyung's enthusiastic drinking I assumed the tea must be the most addictive thing in the world.

I heard the front door beep and open and I knew who had arrived. Amber pushed me off the couch and pointed out the room.

"Surprise him!" she hissed at me and I unwillingly walked out into the hallway.

Jungkook was stood in the entryway taking his shoes off. The most interesting part was what he had placed on the floor next to him. It was a box of kinder eggs.

"Jimin," he said and I realised he assumed I was his brother because I was wearing his house slippers and he wasn't looking up yet. "Sorry I'm late. I went to buy something special."

"Special?" I enquired smugly.

Jungkook snapped upright and his eyes looked so wide that he looked like a deer in the headlights.

"Crystal? I didn't know you were going to be here."

***

A/N: Did anyone else find Taehyung's constant drinking on Ellen hilarious?