Chapter 14 - Mind Games

Bad Boy in Love:

Chapter 14:

For a moment, I felt reassured that everything was okay and I wouldn't be scared again. Then an even bloodier death occurred and I hugged Jungkook's arm tightly. He froze up at the very close contact and then loosened up when he saw how scared I was.

I spent the rest of film with my head half hidden in Jungkook's arm. I was now appreciating how muscular his arm was.

I turned on Amber once the film had finished and Jungkook had got up from the couch.

"You know I hate scary movies, how could you choose that one?" I demanded.

"It served a purpose," Amber waved my concern away and her voice dropped to a whisper. "I closed the curtains because I caught sight of someone outside and wanted to get a closer look at them."

This room looked out onto the back of the house where there was a more expansive garden and a summerhouse. If Amber had managed to see someone they would have had to climb over the wall.

"Who did you see? You should have mentioned seeing an intruder before," I replied.

Amber waited a few seconds for dramatic effect.

"Father Yoongi!" she hissed.

The reveal was so shocking that I was unable to reply immediately.

"Eh?" was all I managed to peter out.

"It was definitely him. He was wearing the same clothes as when we saw him on the bus. He must have got off at the next stop and walked back here."

I was still having trouble believing her. She seemed to be telling the truth and there was no reason for her to lie about it. The conversation I had overheard last night flashed through my mind. Was this Yoongi's idea of a background check?

"What are you whispering about?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Do you have any CCTV here?" Amber asked instead of answering his question. "Your fanclub certainly warrants having them."

"A few," he admitted. "There's lots of blind spots to be honest. Most of the girls don't know about them though so it isn't really a concern."

Surely Amber wasn't suggesting that we go and watched the CCTV just to check if Father Yoongi appeared on them? Personally I was interested in seeing if he was still outside.

"I'm going to open the curtains," I said and walked over to the window. I tried to open them as quickly and as smoothly as possible so sneaking around in the garden would be unprepared.

I could have sworn that I saw something black dart behind a rose bush. I blinked again and there was nothing there. Had I really seen a blur of Father Yoongi?

"Come on Crystal. We need Jimin and Taehyung to get off the xbox and order the sushi," Jungkook called from the doorway.

I looked again at the well kept garden and followed Amber and Jungkook out the room. Fortunately for Jimin and Taehyung they had just finished a game and were getting ready to order when we walked into the other living room. If they hadn't Taehyung might have found his precious Gucci slippers missing when we got home.

***

An hour later I definitely believed that expensive sushi was certainly worth the extra cost. The quality of the fish was indescribable. I was the person that ate most things, but it seemed like I was in danger of becoming a sushi snob. The salmon had been so tender and soft not like the hard stuff in gimbap.

There hadn't been much conversation at the table as everyone had been enjoying the sushi. Once the last piece had been bartered over we moved to the first living room. Fortunately Taehyung and Jimin were too full to even consider thinking about turning the xbox on.

"What should we do now?" Jimin asked with a sigh. "Personally, I'm too full to move."

"Poker or chess?" Jungkook replied.

I perked up when I heard that. Taehyung's best area was xbox games, mine was poker and other card games. My father had taught me from a young age. I was also pretty good at chess.

"I'll take you on at chess," I suggested.

Jungkook accepted pretty quickly and darted off to find the chess set. He returned with a fancy looking set where the pieces were intricately carved out of glass. I winced when I considered how expensive it was.

"If you break them..." Jimin groaned from his prostate position on the couch.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," Jungkook answered in accented English.

We set up the pieces together. Jungkook let me take white so I could start first. I was about to do my opening move when Taehyung interrupted.

"What are you going to pledge?" he grinned. "I had to do Crystal's chores for a month when we were younger."

I was fairly confident in my chess skills once I had started beating my father. Taehyung had never been a very good opponent as he became bored with the game quickly and surrendered half the time.

"If I win, Jungkook has to do my Korean Literature homework for a month," I decided.

Amber stifled a laugh and Jungkook smiled.

"Call. If I win, Crystal has to bring my lunchto the roof for a month."    

***

A/N: Sorry for not updating on Wednesday like I usually do. I was very busy. 

Well done to BTS for winning so many awards. They are going to need a bigger bag for their trophies. Lol.