0 4

|William|

I sighed in relief when I found that I had an hour break before I would have to go check in and start rehearsing for my interview tomorrow morning. In the meantime I decided I didn't bring my guitar for nothing.

I called up an Uber, had the usual conversation, signed a few things for his daughters, and took a photo before getting out of the car and quickly ducking inside the tiny corner book store he told me had the best deal on sheet music.

By the looks of it, this place was an empty paradise full to the brink with all types of books. I spotted the person who seems to be working here grabbing a quick coffee in the back room, but other then the, there was no one in sight.

I walked down the isle before I heard the same bell in the door ringing again.

My heart sank.

"Hello again!"

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!" A girl hollered back.

Please do not see me.

"I'll be in the break room if you need anything!"

I caught of glimpse of the girl's brown hair before I ducked into one of the sections. I watch her through the books from a crouching stance before realizing she was walking into the same section I was in.

Please do not see me. Please do not see me, I kept repeating in my head. I can't bare to have anyone see me like this. Especially someone who looks around my age.

Her eyes were glued on the shelf in front of her. I had a chance to leave, but my feet wouldn't move. I grabbed the nearest book and began flipping through the pages, keeping my head looking downwards.

The please do not see me quickly became please do not recognize me. There's no way I'm going to not be noticed.

I saw her shift in the corner of my eye, oblivious to what's in front of her. But it happened so fast, the next thing I knew she rammed right into my hard. My shoulder began to shoot sharp pains and throbbed.

"I'm so sorry." She stuttered. If her cheeks weren't already burning red, the stutter gave away her embarrassment.

There was no way out of this. I could only pray that by some miracle she wouldn't recognize me.

"Oh this book will probably be the greatest romance you'll ever read," she started blabbering while handing me the book back the book I had no idea what the title even was. But she paused when she looked up at me. I could already feel my face going pale as I looked in those brown eyes. I never knew brown eyes could be so beautiful.

Her facial expressions said a million words. She knew me. She was speechless or about you scream.

"Uh, I'm sorry." She quickly says after what seemed to be a lifetime of awkward silence. "I just didn't really expect a man would be interested in reading this book before."

Oh my god. She doesn't know me! Or she does and is trying to act like she didn't.

I let out a forced chuckle. "I guess you found out my darkest secret." I raised the book up with my hand. Forcing out a tiny bit of laughter.