0 5

|Cassie|

When I got home from the book store, there was a huge smile still plastered across my face and my mind was going absolutely crazy. Racing around and trying to grab as many thoughts as it could. Clarke must of felt the energy radiating off me. She stopped in front of me holding a pop tart.

"What's up with you?" She gave me a once over before smiling. She knew.

"I just met a fellow book worm." I was practically swooning right now just thinking about it. Replaying everything in my head. "And he's really attractive and everything."

"Right." Clarke was skeptical. I could tell by her voice changing tone.

I was still skeptical. Thinking I just made up this Greek god of a masterpiece. So I pulled out my phone and found his name written in it.

Kevin.

"Oh my god, you're serious." Clarke was peering over my shoulder which I didn't realize she was doing until it was too late. "Come on." She dragged me to the couch, "tell me everything."

"Well he's really tall." I could feel my cheeks start to burn up. "His brown eyes are the prettiest set of brown eyes which I thought was impossible. He has brown curly hair and he enjoys reading romance."

"I didn't know it was in your blood to like a guy so much," she jokes.

"Come on. He's attractive and reads. Total turn on right there." I grin. Uncontrollably of course.

"Well Dad suppose to be home in a few hours so I'm going to go head over to Rue's house if you want to come?" So nice for Clarke to offer me to third wheel.

"I'm good." I smile.

"Alright." Clarke walked over to the counter and grabbed her bag, "now don't go stalking Kevin too hard on social media alright? Its not healthy."

"Got it."

"And do something else besides read all day. Preferably Mr. Marks math homework so I can pass."

"Alright." I smile before picking up my book bag from the floor that I must of dropped when Clarke dragged me to the couch.

"Come on Cassie," I said to myself, staring at the aesthetically pleasing cover. "You waited forever for this. Stop thinking about Kevin and jump into this wonderful piece of literature."

There was a problem, I couldn't get Kevin's face out of my head. I was forcing myself not to look him up on any social media platforms.

◻◼◻◼◻◼◻

Clarke was some genius because she got home right as Dad pulled up into our driveway. I was sitting at the little bench nook in our kitchen, trying to be productive and get my jump on the Pythagorean theorem instead of Kevin.

"You look excited." Dad sat down a large cake on the counter before him. I sat my math homework down and stood up, examining the calories before me.

It was an Oreo cake with white frosting in fancy designs across the edges. Clarke and I have a mild but totally not a controllable obsession of Oreos. Its gotten to the point where we physically have to force ourselves not to even look at them.