1 7

|Cassie|

Usually I've been able to read a book and escape the cold hard reality, but right now it almost seemed impossible.

I sat my book down and stared up at the clean white ceiling for the fifth time in the past hour. I wouldn't say I saw in a reading slump, I haven't read anything that would cause it. It's my mind won't stop racing around in circles with no sign of it slowing down.

I rolled over onto my side, letting out a grunt I'm frustration before picking up my book again.

It was another Markson book yet I still couldn't get into it. If my mind would take a breather even if it was for a few seconds I could actually dive in and concentrate for once.

My phone dinged and I groaned as I go look to she who was texting me at eight o' clock at night.

William 8:05
Get ready. I'll be by in twenty minutes.

Cassie 8:05
Why?

William 8:06
It's a surprise.

William 8:07
Wear something warm :)

I grumbled in frustration. I bookmarked my page and rolled off my bed onto the floor below me. No care whatsoever as I pulled myself off the ground and brushed off my sweats.

I walked over to the closet full with clothes Angie got for me. So feminine, fitting me in all the places I don't want to fit well. Yet this was my new wardrobe and I pretty much had no choice.

I pulled a tight black sweater off the rack and laid it vertical against my chest while checking myself out in the mirror. It was a cute sweater I'll give it that, but the front being cur into a triangle where my chest was suppose to hug against didn't seem practically. If I was going to wear a sweater it's because I want to be warm not showing any boob slips.

I examined the next sweater like outfit, again with the cuts in the back. I sighed before putting it back onto the rack next to the black one.

I finally pulled out a sparkly long sleeve top the color of snow and held it against my body. The sleeves were flowy kind of reminding me of the disco age, yet it still looked practical. It wasn't warm, but it was the most covering top I had in this brand new wardrobe so I went with it.

I paired the snow colored top with some black leggings and light brown boots with a small heel. It's gonna kill my feet, but it did make me grow an inch taller and they were cute. I braided my hair loosely letting it hang over my right shoulder. I grabbed my black beanie, a request I made to Angie right before she bought my new wardrobe, and put it on my head.

There was a knock on my door right after I finished spraying perfume all over my body. Of course it was William, who else would it be? But it still shocked me when I saw him wearing a long sleeve white shirt and black jeans.

"We really got to stop matching." I smile in a joking matter.

"Hey, I was already ready." He raised up his hands in defense. "You just are copying me."

"Right." I grin. "So where are you taking me anyways."

"It's a secret." He smiles mischievously.

"Will there be any paparazzi there," I then ask.

"Sadly yes, but they wont bother us."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now is that the last question or did you prepare something else?" He grins.